Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #1

Wireless cameras

Hi all!!

Looking to install a camera on the back of my 26’ cargo trailer that I pull with a Seneca motorhome. Wanting to go wireless but I’m not sure this is best because of the transmitting distance. Any though?

Thanks!
Raymoe
raymoe3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:24 PM   #2

My 2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS came with the Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL and have not had any issues.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlouks View Post
My 2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS came with the Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL and have not had any issues.
Thanks! I estimate a distance of 66’ between camera and monitor. The Furrion looks like s good fit!!
raymoe3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymoe3641 View Post
Thanks! I estimate a distance of 66’ between camera and monitor. The Furrion looks like s good fit!!
66' is a long way when pushing a signal thru that much wall, steel, etc. I hope it works out for you.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:24 PM   #5

I would recommend a wired set up. Wireless may work great when stopped and at slow speed but may well become broken and useless at highway speeds. For half the price of the furrion setup you can build a rock solid wired setup that will be 100% reliable.

2017 Siesmic Wave 355w towed by 2015 Ram 3500
apgambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:04 AM   #6

The problem with a wired connection is "bridging the gap" between trailer and towing vehicle... Do you really want to install another cable between the two, and a set of waterproof connections?

A possible solution is to use a simple wired camera and a wireless link (Esky make a simple, cheap one.)
Mount your camera, run the wire to the front of the trailer, mount the transmitter there, mount the receiver inside the rear of your vehicle, and wire from there to your display.
No external wiring, and the radio link distance is only a few feet.

IanP, the electric man from Scotland
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymoe3641 View Post
I also have the Furion FOS48TAPK-BL wireless observation camera on the back of our 40 ft FW, estimated distance from camera to monitor is 55+ ft and have had no problems with drop out of signal or loss of picture while traveling.

When I first got the camera I tested it's range by putting the monitor in our other car and driving down the street. Didn't loose signal / picture until I was ~100+ yards from home.

So IMO, you shouldn't have any problem with the Furion FOS48TAPK-BL wireless observation camera covering the 66' distance.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #8

Has anyone dealt with TALIBROTHERS for backup/observation cameras? I’m looking for a total of 3 cameras, 1 on each side of my jayco TT & 1 for watching & backing up. Hubby is legally blind so eventually it will all fall on me.
Axel & Sunshine
James & Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #9

My first rear observation system was wired and installed on a 35' TT with a 2000 Ford Excursion. To bridge the gap I had a heavy duty coupler like used on semi-trucks that was installed on first cross beam at the front of the trailer and the other connection point was bolted the steel support on the excursion for the hitch. The connection point had hinged covers with rubber seals. No worries about water. A wired connection will only loose signal with a bad connection of the cable between trailer and TV. I currently have a wire less system that I bought from Rear View Safety (rearviewsafety.com). They carry both options and supply systems for RV's and the trucking industry. I am about 66' with a 42' Pinnacle 38FLSA FW and a 2009 Ford F-450 TV. As mentioned in other posts, the signal is good a low speeds but breaks up at highway speed and also in residential areas where I suspect it is due to the abundance of wireless networks in the homes. Rear View Safety has sent me (free of charge) two high boost antennas (1 for camera and 1 for the truck) to reduce the distance. I'm getting them installed now. If this does not solve the problem, I will probably go to a wired solution.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #10

Check out a Yuwei wireless system. Up to four cameras. Works without interference my neighbors’ s Jayco White Hawk and my little Hummingbird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2018, 04:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by James & Carol View Post
Has anyone dealt with TALIBROTHERS for backup/observation cameras? I’m looking for a total of 3 cameras, 1 on each side of my jayco TT & 1 for watching & backing up. Hubby is legally blind so eventually it will all fall on me.
I have TALIBROTHERS system with 9" monitor and love it works great. Never looses signal sharp picture. Unreal night vision no lights needed to see 50 feet behind you.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote