Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #1

Wonder why your unit took so long to arrive

From RV Business JAYCO shipments outperform expectations.

Jayco Outperforms Industry for ’15 Shipments | RV Business
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #2

Link didn't work for me, but I found it via Google.

(Edit: Working now.)
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:20 PM   #3

Their next service will be meeting you at the campground before you arrive.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-13-2016, 12:37 PM   #4

I think the biggest problem is lack of communication on the order being done and actual transport of the unit to dealer. So many units coming from the same area and so few people to transport them
Old 02-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #5

i've never ordered an RV..Have always "bought off the lot"..That's been since 1975.. Thought about it quiet a few times, but could NEVER get a better deal on an ordered unit.....I Always got the best deal and always found what we wanted by looking around or waiting for one to show up..Unit in my sig was yet another example, in fact, one of the best deals Ii've ever gotten...AND, it's our "retirement RV.
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #6

We ordered ours this time, we looked and looked and found nothing. Finally agreed upon a floor plan and ordered ours the way we wanted it. We got a god deal as well and were in no rush. Came in a few weeks ago and we can't wait for the season to come!
FoxRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:00 PM   #7

There are very few dealers of anything in the size we wanted Down East. Really not possible to price shop without driving closer to the Midwest. For us supporting our local dealer and he supporting us is most important.
He was upfront and said he could not match price because the transport costs are higher but could outmatch service.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #8

We just ordered our Eagle 323 RLKS because we couldn't find one on the lot that we liked. The dealers we visited, both personally and online, didn't keep many Eagles or Northpoints on their lots. Most of them had none or only one floorplan available. They had lots of the lower priced smaller units available, though. I just don't think they want to invest their money in higher priced units and have them sit on their lots for a while. This is the second unit we have ordered to get exactly what we wanted. I would buy off the lot if everything I wanted was sitting there.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:56 PM   #9

Manufacturing in Batches

We just ordered a Jayco Eagle HT 26.5 in early January. We were told that we "just missed" the manufacturing cycle. In other words, there isn't a production line dedicated to the Eagle HT line, and they don't build on demand. They build a certain model for some period of time, then switch to another model. We were told they would start building Eagle HT's again in March and we should get ours sometime in March.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
There are very few dealers of anything in the size we wanted Down East. Really not possible to price shop without driving closer to the Midwest. For us supporting our local dealer and he supporting us is most important.
He was upfront and said he could not match price because the transport costs are higher but could outmatch service.
Koodo's to the dealer for being straight up on the transport costs, but have to ask you to think about how that dealer is going to outmatch the service. There is just not that much service needed on an RV other than some warrantee items if you're unlucky. I have owned several and have never been back to a dealer more than 1 time on any of them. A one time drive to the Midwest to save thousands and maybe take an early shake down cruise on the way home with your new RV. Local dealers stay in business because folks like you are willing to pay thousands more for an RV they can order themselves and pick it up themselves. To each their own, but think you are placing way too much value in "local dealer service".
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote