Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #1

Smile 2015 Jay Feather X17Z Mods

This is my first jump into "threads" so be gentle. My wife and I had a Jayco Baja Popup from Manteca Trailer for several years and enjoyed it, but decided we wanted a shower and some of the other conveniences. Their Jayco Feather is just what fit the bill. We go over several California Mountain Passes and needed something short and light.

With the following mods it is a joy to use: had the dealer flip the axle for more clearance, added two, 7000 lb capacity stabilizing jacks to the front (they bolted in), a battery cut out was added to the side of the battery box, a clothes rod was put across the shower (it can be removed to use the shower, or just slide the clothes out of the way), installed a review camera for traveling and parking, glued steel strips in the front storage area so I can attach small canisters that hold fishing gear, extra fuses, etc. with magnets in the canisters. I also put a portable solar light inside, while the Jayco is stored, so I can just go in without turning on the battery. When camping the light is attached to the bed platform closing levers and acts as a motion sensor. I also use a section of plastic gutter to protect the awning.

Sorry if I got carried away, hope someone can use the info. The guys at Manteca Trailer did the axle mods, I did the rest. Planned future mods: magnetic door latch, cargo net retainers for open shelving, overload springs for my F150, and I'm open to suggestions!??
Jim
jimsells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #2

Welcome to JOF, and congratulations on your new second Jayco. Don't think we need to go too gentle on you; you certainly seem to know your way around an RV already! We'd love to see pictures of some of those mods sometime - they sound quite interesting!
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #3

Hello and welcome to JOF! There is absolutely a wealth of knowledge here and the community is great!

Please share some pictures when you have the time. I love to see what others are up to.

Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
EAZ-Lift Weight Distribution Hitch w/Sway Control
jsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:26 PM   #4
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

Sounds like your enjoying adding mods to your TT, the list of mods never ends... that is the fun part
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco, jayfeather, modifications, x17z