Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #1

2015 pinnacle ice maker bypass for winterizing

I have a 2015 JAYCO PINNACLE RSQS. I need to winterize when I return to the north. According to samsung refrigerator manual, there is a shut off valve for the ice maker water line, to prevent anti-freeze from entering the water line to the refrigerator. Where is it???
DONALD E. ZIMMERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #2

I believe i saw on a post that there are 2 one behind the drawer under the stove and another under the sink area.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
I believe i saw on a post that there are 2 one behind the drawer under the stove and another under the sink area.
Exactly, but one is under the trash can.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:45 AM   #4

Donald, you probably have discovered this already, but I wanted to post this for others with new Pinnacle.

I have a Pinnacle 2016 RSQS, so not sure they're in the same place as yours. There are two shutoff valves. One is located in the cabinet beneath the stove. I had to remove the drawer below the stove to access it and it was in the far left (rear) corner. I think think once this one is open, you shouldn't have to mess with it again.

The second valve is the one beneath the sink. This is the main water supply to the water/ice dispenser. Mine was shut when I first took possession of the unit and was only able to find it after reading your post above. None of the provided manuals say anything about this valve.

The third valve you need to find is the refrigerator drain valve. Mine is located outside, beneath the refrigerator, just forward of the left front tire. When turning off the fridge, shut off the water supply beneath the sink, then open the drain valve to bleed off any water between the shutoff valve and the dispenser.
MantyGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:56 AM   #5

Has anyone blown air into the lines with the fridge lines open to clear water out of the fridge itself? I was also told to make sure and take the filter out prior to winterizing.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #6

My dealer told me to take the main water filter out before winterizing. I would think you would also want to remove the refrigerator water filter because there's no way to drain it.
I believe I read somewhere (owners manual perhaps) that blowing out with air is okay if you're winters don't drop below 32 degrees. Otherwise, you should use RV antifreeze.
MantyGary is offline   Reply With Quote