Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2023, 09:32 AM   #1

2020 27RL Charging and power system

My name is Jeff, my wife Sharon and I are proud new Jayco owners of a 2020 27RL. When I bought the trailer it had a single acid battery and with a “little” research I came to the conclusion that Lithium batteries sounded superior so I made a decision to change over and with the mind set that more is better bought two and installed them in series. Now I feel really stupid reading that my built in charger may not be sufficient as well as learning after our first dry camping trip that I need a system that will allow me to have coffee in the morning without starting my generator. Our trailer is Solar ready and I am open to any recommendation that is affordable for us.
PLEASE HELP!
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 09:39 AM   #2

What converter do you have in the power panel? Some came with converters that have a switch to allow the change. If not then there should be a conversion package available.

As to coffee you need to add an Inverter which could be set up for only the coffee pot if that is all you need it for.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:49 AM   #3

Grumpy, thanks so much for the reply. I had to look in the paperwork and it looks like it is the WFCO WF-8500 Series, not sure which model WF-8540/WF-8550/WF-8560. Says the model is located on the door so I will look this afternoon while at storage and get back to you. Looking to power appliance in addition to coffee maker when needed as well as reducing dependence on generator. Inverter, MPPT, Solar??? I will post model number later and hope to talk again! Thanks, Jeff
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 11:35 AM   #4

Hopefully, you didn’t really connect them in series unless they are 6 volts each.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:52 PM   #5

40-50-60 is just the amp rating. The 8500 needs the conversion kit if I remember correctly.