Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #1

Accessories

Good evening all. Working on getting my "starter pack" put together and am wondering about any brands to stay away from, and which brands are recommended. So far, the items I'm looking at purchasing are: water pressure regulator, washer/dryer, electric tankless water heater, electronic surge protector thing?, sewer fittings (been told I need a Y fitting due to having 2 bathrooms...i think that's about it for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jdmcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:03 AM   #2

Can't tell you what to stay away from, but here's what I use and am happy with:

Pressure Regulator: I believe it's a CAMCO, but be sure to go with full flow
Sewer: My preference is the Rhino Flex. Others I've looked at seem flimsy by comparison and the sewer is the last place I want flimsy
EMS: Progressive Industries. I have the portal version and it's saved me a few times
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:22 AM   #3

We spent the winter in a Florida campground a few years ago that had water pressure problems, sometimes too high, sometimes too low. I went through several regulators until I found one (Valterra High Flow) that controlled the pressure while allowing good flow. The cheap ones reduced the pressure but didn't allow enough flow to take a decent shower. It's a good idea to carry a pressure gauge so you know what you are dealing with.
retiredtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:58 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. You will definitely want a water pressure regulator. Where we are currently staying the water pressure is 80PSI plus. Our water pressure regulator (Camco 40064 Brass Water Pressure Regulator with Gauge - Lead Free) is keeping the pressure well within tolerance range. We also use a water filter to ensure we have clean drinkable water (Camco 40043 TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector ). For surge protector we use Progressive International EMS-PT30X. If you are going to be RVing in cold weather you might want to consider a winterized water hose. Also, although the water tanks in the RVs tend to have heaters, the water lines are not winterized. Might want to consider winterizing the water lines (something we learned....the hard way).
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post
Can't tell you what to stay away from, but here's what I use and am happy with:

Pressure Regulator: I believe it's a CAMCO, but be sure to go with full flow
Sewer: My preference is the Rhino Flex. Others I've looked at seem flimsy by comparison and the sewer is the last place I want flimsy
EMS: Progressive Industries. I have the portal version and it's saved me a few times
Excellent. I appreciate the feedback very much! That'll give me a direction to aim for!

Old 11-05-2017, 08:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtech View Post
We spent the winter in a Florida campground a few years ago that had water pressure problems, sometimes too high, sometimes too low. I went through several regulators until I found one (Valterra High Flow) that controlled the pressure while allowing good flow. The cheap ones reduced the pressure but didn't allow enough flow to take a decent shower. It's a good idea to carry a pressure gauge so you know what you are dealing with.
That makes sense...and that's good information so I appreciate the feedback very much!!

Old 11-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaras7 View Post
Welcome to the forum. You will definitely want a water pressure regulator. Where we are currently staying the water pressure is 80PSI plus. Our water pressure regulator (Camco 40064 Brass Water Pressure Regulator with Gauge - Lead Free) is keeping the pressure well within tolerance range. We also use a water filter to ensure we have clean drinkable water (Camco 40043 TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector ). For surge protector we use Progressive International EMS-PT30X. If you are going to be RVing in cold weather you might want to consider a winterized water hose. Also, although the water tanks in the RVs tend to have heaters, the water lines are not winterized. Might want to consider winterizing the water lines (something we learned....the hard way).
Copy that! I'd been wondering about a water filter as well, so I appreciate the filter piece as well!