Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #1

Antifreeze Source on an Eagle 200RLS

Good day all! I'm a new member and posting my first thread. Glad to be here!

I have a 2008 Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel 299RLS. I can seem to find the right hose to suck up antifreeze into both hot and cold water lines. I have by-passed the heater and so far, with the pump on, lines closed or open, switches set to Sanitize/Winterize, nothing I do sucks up antifreeze into the lines. This is my first 5th Wheel. Duh! Lol!! Thanks!!!
Gilbert Carrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #2

Do you have a low point drain open? There may be one that drains the pump and if it is open that could cause your problem.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to JOF.

The RV antifreeze hose is the one with a valve on it, that isn't connected to anything. Usually, it's close to the pump. That is the one that gets inserted into the bottle of RV antifreeze. The valve must be open for it to be drawn into the pump.

Below is what my pump and valves look like. You can see about two inches of pink antifreeze in the clear vinyl hose. The valve the hose is connected to is off as I'm not pumping any antifreeze at this time. If you follow the pipe from the valve down to the tee, the pipe leading from the right right side of the tee is the one that goes to my fresh water tank. The valve for it is on the vertical pipe. It's currently in the open position, but needs to be closed when pumping the antifreeze.

There are many reasons why you might not be getting suction, but leaving that valve open is a common one. If left open, all you'll suck is air, assuming the tank's empty, which the tank should be if you're winterizing. The tank will drain no matter what position the valve is in so it's often overlooked.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote