Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensjayco View Post
I'm buying my first Starcraft Launch 24RLS. 2017 model. we agreed on a price, but now the dealer is telling me it's important to ADD gelcoat to the trailer.. he'll be happy to do it at a "discounted rate" of $1,450!! So is this dude trying to rip me off? or is that actually a thing? I thought it's standard on all viberglass trailers

I would keep the $1450. In my bank account and tell them thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:03 PM   #52

Smile Thanks for the info, and making myself known as a newbie.

It's late so I'm not gonna say a lot. While I've been a camper for years and even owned a camper long ago, I never pulled it. It stayed at a campground and they pulled it out for me.

I am about to receive delivery of a new 2017 Jayco x17z. Not a huge camper by any means, but PERFECT for me and my wife, our Cocker and our anticipated future grandchildren. Loved the features, light weight, etc. Always wanted a full blown motorhome, but this fits our needs, for now. (Don't tell the wife I said that, I've been forbidden from the upsize thing)

Thanks for all the great info this site offers, already had one question answered, and I look forward to visiting often.

neonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:10 PM   #53

WOW. Really? 120 Volt A/C for a Jayco Designer RV? I did not know this. Thank God I didn't put that 220 recepticle outside the garage to plug up the RV. So, 50 AMP 120 volt?
scashvyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #54

For you new camp trailer and 5th wheel owners make sure you block your trailer tires before you unhook from your tow vehicle. Also make sure you unhook your safety chains before you try to pull away from your trailer. One of my neighbors pulled his trailer off the blocks when he tried to drive away with the chains still hooked onto his pickup. Luckily it was in his drive way, he stopped before there was actually any damage done. I took my floor jack to his house, jacked up the trailer, Than he could back up and put it back on the ball. He than backed the camp trailer up the few inches to put things right again. He unhooked everything this time and all was fine. No visible damage done just a big lesson learned.

Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote