Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2020, 12:28 PM   #1

Big50RV Demo Day-1st RV camping 07/16/20 SOON

Hi all, I'm super excited 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 264 bhok, demo day is next Thursday July 16th in Myrtle Beach and camping nearby, right away. My husband and I's first RV (we.re from Atlanta GA). My 50th bday present during these COVID times. I've been researching for last 3 months. Purchasing newbie items now...I'm hopeful for a smooth time. We upgraded to a newer 2016 Supercrew F-150 for the RV too. Any helpful comments welcome. I've been watching youtube non stop and taking notes. I grew up camping in a coachman with my parents but it's been like 30 years since. I just have great memories.
Wish us luck!
big50rvyeahbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #2

I have a eagle ht I know it’s a half ton but I have a 250 and there’s no way I would pull it with a 150
Bryce_fow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:11 PM   #3

Wow, that leaves me concerned. We researched and was told the truck is 2016 F-150 4x4 v8 Supercrew TiV 5.0 L engine and it could tow 10,500 or 11,000. The camper is 8096 as is now then we’ll add hitch and everything like people and things in bed of truck. You know for sure it won’t? I am very concerned now. Seems we get different answers all the time. Please tell me how far you are sure of this. I do appreciate your reply.
big50rvyeahbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:42 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by big50rvyeahbaby View Post
Seems we get different answers all the time. Please tell me how far you are sure of this. I do appreciate your reply.
You'll get a LOT of different opinions on that. The best way to find out how it comes together, is to outfit it exactly like you're going camping (all the gear. people, fuel, food, water, dog, etc.) and weigh it on a Cat scale. There's posts here on how to check the 3 ways on the scales. That will tell you in hard numbers if your WDH is set up properly (enough weight transferred to the front axle). your tongue weight, and total weight. If it's within the number that's printed on the door jamb sticker, you're good. Don't fret it right now, and don't go buying a bigger truck tomorrow.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:46 PM   #5

It will also depend on what your doing I live in Columbus ga so we go to fl and to Gatlinburg a lot but I also run 80 to 90 so it could be ok with you just make sure one thing on the 150 keep a eye on your trans temp
Bryce_fow is offline   Reply With Quote