Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2015, 07:20 PM   #1

Bungalow 40BHTS On Order

Hi, I am waiting on my new Bungalow 40BHTS to be completed and delivered. When I ordered it, I was told to expect delivery in 6-8 weeks. I am now in week 8, but with the horrible winter weather, I figure it may take a little longer to get to me here in Florida than originally planned. I am so excited about and anxious to get my new Jayco. My husband and I had a Jayco Eagle 5th wheel we really liked. When my husband passed away, on his advice, I traded in the 5th wheel on a new Coachmen motorhome to travel and see the country. I have decided to settle in Florida in an RV park I really love so am trading in the motorhome on the new Jayco. I need the 2nd bedroom as a workroom for my business. I make handmade dog clothes and accessories. I want to have my living room and dining room area back again. In the motorhome, the living room and dining room serve as work areas.

I am looking forward to meeting new people here and learning more about my new Jayco.
Dawn309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:29 PM   #2

Welcome to the JOF! Sounds like you will have a nice set up with the new Bungalow. Best of luck to you!
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #3

Dawn309, welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new bungalow, post pictures when you get it....
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #4

Welcome to the group, there is a wealth of knowledge here but it sounds like you are already an old hand.

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:50 PM   #5

Wow! That sounds wonderful! I'm going to Google the model you're ordering and have a look. Welcome!
mspontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #6

Welcome to the JOF Dawn309! That sounds like a great plan you have too. Enjoy!
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 PM   #7

The Jayco website has some good interior photos of that model... it looks awesome! I can see why you went with that floorplan; the 2nd bedroom has a nice desk that actually looks more like a sewing table. If the trailer looks like the photos, it's going to be beautiful.

The only downside to the floor plan is it doesn't have laundry option. But if you are just one person w/d may not be a big deal as a weekly laundry run would likely be enough.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckowner View Post
The Jayco website has some good interior photos of that model... it looks awesome! I can see why you went with that floorplan; the 2nd bedroom has a nice desk that actually looks more like a sewing table. If the trailer looks like the photos, it's going to be beautiful.

The only downside to the floor plan is it doesn't have laundry option. But if you are just one person w/d may not be a big deal as a weekly laundry run would likely be enough.
I sure hope it looks like the photos. I have requested it be prepped for laundry as I have a washer and a dryer in my rig now. I was told by the salesperson the factory said the 2015 models are all being prepped for washer and dryers now. If not, the dealership is supposed to do this for me. It was one of my have to have things. The salesperson from the dealership came out to measure my washer and dryer for this. I am anxious to see where they are going to do the prep at the factory. There is not enough room in the bathroom. There is only one wardrobe in the bedroom and I certainly need that for my closet. The only other place I can think of would be in the 2nd bedroom since it backs up to the bathroom so the plumbing would not be as hard to do. I originally wanted the BHS model. It had 2 bedrooms also and was shown to be prepped for the washer and dryer on the floorplan. Jayco is no longer offering that floorplan. Instead they have the BHTS floorplan only with the 2nd bedroom. It is really my favorite because I like the kitchen at the front.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:12 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum. Those Jayco Bungalows are nice... and BIG!!

I delivered a few Bungalows when I worked for Jayco. One of them had the interior lights left on from the factory. The doors are locked and I didn't have a key to get in to shut them off. So, at night on the roads where I had traffic on the right, folks would stare in through the sliding glass doors and stay right next to me! I felt like a rolling billboard.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #10

LOL. I bet you did feel like a rolling billboard. I sure wish I knew when I was going to get mine. Since this is the 8th week since my build order, I am getting anxious. Plus I need to finish moving everything out of my motorhome to do the transition. I am ready for BIG!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 AM   #11

Talked to dealership yesterday. My unit scheduled to come off the line on the 25th. Then will have to wait for a driver capable of bringing my unit south. Dealership said would probably be 2-3 weeks from the 25th before it was here. I sure was hoping for sooner, but I don't want to take any chances of it being wrecked on drive down due to bad weather.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:21 AM   #12

Very Exciting! My wife and I just ordered the same model this past weekend. It'll be a long wait for us as well. The nice high ceilings in the unit make it feel nice and open.
Mjtowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:02 AM   #13

Mine was delivered on Friday. I am in the process of moving into it. I love it! I do have a few warranty issues, but once those items are fixed, it will be perfect for me. I hope you get yours more quickly than I got mine because of the bad winter in Indiana. You will love those ceilings as well as all the big windows. The windows definitely give it an open, airy feel.