Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
I was sitting in my truck the other day parked under a tree when an acorn hit the roof. Scared the heck out of me.
Hopefully you didn't go all Chicken Little

Maybe the OP should consider aluminum checker plate for roofing material.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Hopefully you didn't go all Chicken Little

Maybe the OP should consider aluminum checker plate for roofing material.
Nothing survived intact. Stone coated steel roof on the house has to be replaced. 1/8" stainless steel grill has dents in it. Diamond plate on a front mount toy hauler near my trailer has dents in it. Heck the stucco was knocked off of buildings.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:02 AM   #23

Good luck

I traded in a Berkshire motor home for my 2017 Jayco Eagle....not happy at all.

From a centre island that was improperly placed, thus causing damage, billow in the roof material, poorly installed decals, a medicine cabinet mirror that “launched” 2x causing extensive damage in the master bathroom. (It was installed with tiny screws)

Sorry to be a Dougie Downer but my son is experiencing side wall cracks in his 2016 Jayco that the threads indicate is a common problem that they won’t cover because the 2 year warranty is up. They DID however send him a detailed repair leaflet involving taking the outside wall apart and installing two braces, a repair job that’s worth $6,000.

Fun fact! That repair leaflet is dated “2008”. This problem has been common enough that they felt the need to prepare a repair brochure, but yet, in their build process haven’t bothered to take that extra step to prevent the issue!

I wish you luck with yours, this is my first and last Jayco.
DJP6371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:57 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Nothing survived intact. Stone coated steel roof on the house has to be replaced. 1/8" stainless steel grill has dents in it. Diamond plate on a front mount toy hauler near my trailer has dents in it. Heck the stucco was knocked off of buildings.
I don't think much can survive the impact of a solid chunk of ice traveling at +100mph.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #25

Welcome! Well you defiantly have the right rig for hail. Jayco has the toughest roof in the industry. My Eagle has been through some small hail, with hardly anything wrong. One spot where it broke through the bladder. Fixed with seam tape and a heat gun. Has held every since. Enjoy it. I've had four RV's in the last 30 + years, and this Jayco is our favorite one yet.
qs271a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newb