Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #21
fjd

Ouch - just sharing that almost happened to me with my 1/2 ton ram. First salesman i talked to said dont worry it will tow the unit i was interested in. Luckily i found the rv forums and walked thrlugj the numbers. The place i ended up buying told me straight up the unit i wanted needed more truck. Just wanted to share thst all sales people arent the same. I traded in my old truck after i purchased the new TT and couldnt be happier. I left details out because everyone has their preference...this was strictly about different types of salespeople. I hope you can find a solution that works out.

On a separate note - i just had a home contractor skip town with my money after they gutted my house. Another type of expensive oh $@%! Moment.
fjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:18 AM   #22

Having retired from RV sales and being an RVer makes me uniquely in the minority of "RV sales folks". I worked at Camping World and frankly hated it due to the "sell sell sell" culture. No one where I worked even had a tow vehicle capable towing a Jayco hummingbird. It cost me a lot of money by sitting people down and discussing TV before even looking at a unit! Management constantly said just sell the unit, I wouldn't even let a customer leave our lot with out a EQ hitch. Many f/w customers out west want to convert to gooseneck from kingpin, I wouldn't do it. All for the right reasons for warranty protection etc.
The horror stories here are all to familiar to me, yet it happens way to often in the RV, horse- livestock and cargo trailer industry.
I choose to leave the business a year early, the RV industry is producing more units than ever. You can't even get any parts or compontmets for repairs due to the numbers of units flying out of the plants doors. Quality of the RVs are terrible and no one cares, just sell me and clean up the mess latter.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
There is a huge difference between a salesman selling a specific medical product to doctors and the car / rv sales force.

Unfortunately, there are many in this field that live up to the "Sleazy used car salesman" stereotype. They prey on the uniformed and unprepared population. There is even training that teaches them how to capitalize on a buyers inexperience. The blame needs to be shared to some degree because as a consumer, you should educate yourself prior to entering a car or RV dealership knowing it's a shark tank and you are the chum...
I painfully agree, that is why I never really got upset and went ranting and raving on here or to the dealership. As much as I would like to walk into that place and give the manager a piece of my mind I know I was the one who said yes and signed the dotted line. I'm just using this forum to air it out and also help others. As horibble of a service I received I still have never called them and told them cause I know with people like them it will not make a bit of difference. Just like the guy who retired from camping world all they do is train them to sell sell. That is why I know it comes from the leadership of the company. I use the same car dealership for my last 4 cars and its because there leadership is yes make a sale but don't push it and give good advice. They sold me a truck and when it had nothing but problems they took it back without any questions for full price and I was able to get something else. Sales is about honesty and good service because in the end the consumer will buy if they want something bad enough. That is why I should of questioned them even more I was just to excited and they preyed on that.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Having retired from RV sales and being an RVer makes me uniquely in the minority of "RV sales folks". I worked at Camping World and frankly hated it due to the "sell sell sell" culture. No one where I worked even had a tow vehicle capable towing a Jayco hummingbird. It cost me a lot of money by sitting people down and discussing TV before even looking at a unit! Management constantly said just sell the unit, I wouldn't even let a customer leave our lot with out a EQ hitch. Many f/w customers out west want to convert to gooseneck from kingpin, I wouldn't do it. All for the right reasons for warranty protection etc.
The horror stories here are all to familiar to me, yet it happens way to often in the RV, horse- livestock and cargo trailer industry.
I choose to leave the business a year early, the RV industry is producing more units than ever. You can't even get any parts or compontmets for repairs due to the numbers of units flying out of the plants doors. Quality of the RVs are terrible and no one cares, just sell me and clean up the mess latter.
Thank you for your honesty and more so for your integrity. You have proven that my "Shark tank and Chum" analogy was in fact true but at the same time you have proven that there are some folks in RV sales that do have a conscience.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote