Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #11

Congratulations! on the Precept, and welcome to the JOF! I can understand your excitement! Hope you enjoy your "A", and have safe travels.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #12

Congratulations and welcome!

A question: How do you plan to maintain it so that its ready to go when you arrive. Have you hired someone to do the upkeep on it?

Old 09-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
Did you visit Pine Island, Florida, last December? We met a family from Holland in a rented C, but I don't remember their names.
Hi Go,
No, I can't get the mrs to leave the family in December so it couldn't have been us. I will choose a dealer in Florida so I can pick up the coach in January and enjoy some sunshine / temperatures. We plan to test drive it to Key West so I can delete that from the "to do" list same time.

We come accross fellow Dutchmen from Singapore to LA: we seem to travel quite a bit. On the other hand, we are abroad quite quickly. The country is 100 miles West to East and 200 miles North to South: that's it.

Who knows where we bump into in the future.

Fred.
Chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Congratulations and welcome!

A question: How do you plan to maintain it so that its ready to go when you arrive. Have you hired someone to do the upkeep on it?
Ho Doc,

I actually didn't think about that just yet. I thought to have the engine checked every year in spring when we will be in Texas, store the coach in "no ice" area's and do some small things on batteries etc in summertime. It will cost a day of our vacation but things have to be done.

Interested to hear from the dealer exactly what maintenance is required except routine engine stuff.
Or maybe I am buyng the wrong machine: the rentals didn't need any maintenance at all
Old 09-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #15

Exciting! If it is yours you get to leave in it things that you want and like. There are pros and cons to both owning and renting. If renting you do not need to worry about maintance. But they do not come with the stuff you want, and there are rules about when it has to be returned an using the generator and soforth. You own, you get to come and go as you please, stock it the way you want. If you decide to arrive on a whim you can and not worry about having a unit avilble. But, you have to pay to store it, and need to spend a little thought and maybe some $ about mainanance.

We have rented MH and have enjoyed our time with it. Now we own a HTT. some day when the kid is gone off on his own, I hope to get out and travel even more.

Good Luck, Great Travels!
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #16

I don't know what part of Texas you plan on storing it, but There are a few places here in the Dallas area that will store it outside for about $70.00 per month, inside is about $250 per month.. They do have prep services and repair services onsite..

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1961 View Post
I don't know what part of Texas you plan on storing it, but There are a few places here in the Dallas area that will store it outside for about $70.00 per month, inside is about $250 per month.. They do have prep services and repair services onsite..
Actually we are more looking at north of Houston. Direct flight from Amsterdam and since I am in the business of maritime chemical and LPG transport, I have some work there now and then.

We will travel through the country anyway so we will be storing it on different locations, wherever is most convenient.