Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #1

Finally home

We picked our Jayco 1007 out in the summer of 2012. We purchased it at the MPLS RV show in February or 2013. We were finally able to camp in it this past weekend. Can't tell you how excited we were to own a new camper after crossing the country twice in a 2000 Coleman Seapine. Mainly I was excited for all the appliances to be new and there would be no ABS issues. My wife was excited for another fun camping experience. Our initial building issues ruined my wife's faith in Jayco (door failure, screws falling out, scratches and dents) but now the inaugural trip gave us a better picture of our new rig. Everything worked just like our previous camper except one thing. In all our years of camping, we have never had so much condensation on the tenting. It was actually dripping like rain on my wife and daughter in the morning.

Mechanically, we were told by the service manager that we shouldn't expect the camper to be as nice as our Coleman. He was very accurate. We tried to exchange our camper after we we found all the mechanical issues with it, but Jayco would not. They were very clear and quite rude that all of the issues would be covered by the dealer, and they have been but continue to come up. After three trips to the repair shop, they have rebuilt most of the camper and now we brought it home. Now it is heading back for the fourth trip to the repair shop--the curtain strings break when you open the camper, the staples that were used to hold the diamond plating on the bottom are all falling out and door is still crooked.

We are still excited to own a Jayco, we are just waiting for our camper to be the one in the literature, web page and show floor.
McCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #2

Glad to hear you made you madden voyage. Where did you go? Our first trip with the 23B last year was to William O’Brien SP. Great place close to the cities, the campground hosts in the lower campground are really nice people.

If you bought it from Hilltop, I found Eddie in the service dept to be excellent to work with. We brought ours in about 3-4 times right away to fix mostly little things. Then a few times later in the year for other little things. I could have fixed almost everything, but I figure it’s new and has a warranty and Jayco is paying them to do it and not me.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote