Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2021, 10:29 PM   #1
SEM

First Jayco, first hybrid (16XRB)

Hey all,

Just picked up a 2016 16XRB and wanted to throw some general thanks out there for all the useful info I was able to gather from these forums pre-purchase.

This is our first Jayco. Coming from a 16.5' 1985 Bigfoot Fibreglass hardshell so we suddenly have a great deal more room. To be honest, I am still not sure how I feel about the hybrid and am already madly searching threads with vinyl care tips but the rig was the right price and is in amazing shape. Looking forward to adventuring.

Cheers,
SEM
SEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:38 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your hybrid.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:25 AM   #3

Welcome to JOF!

There really isn't any special you need to do or be concerned about. We've had two hybrids since 2003. Both were purchased new. Our X20E is our second.

The only cleaning we've done to the vinyl is if they get stained. We camped under some trees once in TN that dripped some nasty sap on the front one. I think I used Awesome Orange to get it off. Another time (with our old Kiwi 17a) where it rained for 3 days the bunk ends were covered with leaves that left dark stains. I used OxyClean in water to get it off.

The great thing about the vinyl is that even when you pack wet, they dry off quickly.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #4
SEM

Thanks! The piece that concerns me is the ability to dry everything out properly before putting it away. It rains all the time here so I feel like I might get stuck for a week or more with the pop outs out before I can store everything properly.
SEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEM View Post
Thanks! The piece that concerns me is the ability to dry everything out properly before putting it away. It rains all the time here so I feel like I might get stuck for a week or more with the pop outs out before I can store everything properly.
I live in Bellingham so I feel your pain about the rain. I dry mine out from the inside by removing the mattress then unzip the canvas screen cover and screen then you can wipe the outside from the inside. I also run a dehumidifier late fall thru early spring 24/7. I heat the inside also during that time at 48deg. To keep the dehumidifier from freezing up
Old 05-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #6

Welcome from Northern Ontario and congratulations on your new Jayco.

2020 Greyhawk 30Z
2011 Ram Laramie 1500
'91 Travelaire 31' (sold)
'98 Jayco 21' (sold)
robchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote