Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2023, 02:50 PM   #1

First Motorhome

Gone is the 32’ 5th wheel, and most welcome is our new RVing experience in our 2019 Jayco 24B! It was time. Age motivating RVing simplification took my lovely wife of 52yrs and I on the new path, and we’re very excited about it!

As of yet we’ve not had the new rig on the road as we’re busy trying to figure out what to do with all that stuff we had stored in that 5th wheel, as we transition into the 24b. We’re also looking at some enhancements such as a “spare wheel.” Our 24b doesn’t have one. We’re looking at seeing if we can get one mounted up under the rear of the 24b as I’d rather not have it mounted to the rear bumper.

Also, what’s up with getting a “satellite dish” hook up? On my old rig, I’d connect the portable satellite dish to the exterior coax connection, and I was done. I’ve tried everything I can think of on the 24b without success! I need help there.

I’m looking forward to a mutually beneficial relationship on the forum. Glad I found you!

Pete
“Getnoff” on Life!
Getnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:49 PM   #2

Congratulations and welcome to the group!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:33 PM   #3

Welcome to the JOF. I would suggest you post your satellite hookup question on the Class C thread as you are more likely to get responses from owners of similar rigs. Also, it would be helpful to other readers if you listed your model RV either in your bio or else in your signature. Saves you from having to include it every time you post and makes it easier for others to know what you have so they can try to answer any questions you might have. Good luck in getting adjusted to this different camping lifestyle. Last but certainly not least, congratulations to you and your DW on 52 years together. My wife and I will reach that milestone the end of this month so we have an idea of what it takes to get there. I think it’s called compromise. LOL.
Old 06-06-2023, 07:25 AM   #4

Happy "motoring" in the motorhome and
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2023, 07:44 AM   #5

Coax is coax. Doesn't matter where it is the problems are always the same. loose connection, bad connections or bad wiring. Find the wire and look for a screw through the cable, Look at each connection and look for clean copper center conductor making good contact when connected. Rarely happens but you could have a bad splitter where one wire is connected to two. If you have a switch from cable to TV antenna look there. Ask the former owner if you bought it directly if they had a problem.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote