Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2016, 05:01 AM   #1

Florida native

Hello to all you Jayco owners, my name is Tom and I recently bought a new econobox model of Jayco(the 174BH). This is my wife and I's second rv which the first was a 2007 Hi-Lo; The Hi-Lo was a very well made trailer and never had any issues with it, but my wife and I sold it a couple years ago due to it sitting around and not being used. This year, wife and I decided to get back into camping but we wanted something with less weight to pull around which generally means the bare necessities in a camper therefore the Jayco SLX comes into view.We like the floor plan and it had everything we wanted except "park tv cable hookup" (which I'm installing now). Pulled the 174BH home thirty miles from the Orlando dealership and once home discovered the wall paneling was separating between the dinette and queen bed. Have to hitch it up and pull it back to dealer thirty miles away to correct. Hopefully this is only a fluke incident and not the way our time is going to be spent with the Jayco brand. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and let you'll know I'm a tinkerer,welder/fabricator and a/c man so if I can be of some help to you whether on the site or on the road let me know.
Fire&Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:17 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. I have owned several Jayco's and believe me, all brands have their problems. At least, Jayco warranty's theirs for 2 years. That should give you time to find any and all problems and get them fixed. I used to be a native Floridian, at least for my first 60 years. Born and raised in Plant City. Retired 10 years ago and moved to Vienna, GA. The whole county only has one red light. Talk about back in time.
Maybe we will meet on the road someday or if you are ever this way, we are right off I-75 at the 109 mile marker in South Georgia.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:53 AM   #3

Welcome! I just joined the forums too yesterday after buying a 26BH from Orlando RV. We too had a pop up that we decided to sell for the comforts of a travel trailer and not having to "set up" camp every time we went out, or not taking as much time to set up.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:24 AM   #4

Hello to you and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:17 AM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to JOF!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #6
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #7

Steven, hopefully Orlando Rv will do us right as far as warranty work is concerned. Hopefully you won't have any claims. We bought our Jayco 174BH from Orlando rv on March 17th of this year.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #8

Welcome aboard
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:24 PM   #9

Hi all, we are north of you up in Volusia county. We bought a slightly larger 31rlds last year. We love it so far. Yea we too had a laundry list, nothing major but small issues. The only real issue we have had is that the service dept is really slow to respond and honestly we feel itis the weakest link. You call and they don't answer, voicemail is full, and Jayco seems to always take 1 - 2 months to send even a light bulb.
Just be strong and push to get things handled. Make sure every item is listed out and if it is small, email them a picture because they will have to order the part. It makes no sense to pull your trailer there to just get looked at and return 2 months later.

Welcome to the club, this is a great place to hang out.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire&Ice View Post
Steven, hopefully Orlando Rv will do us right as far as warranty work is concerned. Hopefully you won't have any claims. We bought our Jayco 174BH from Orlando rv on March 17th of this year.
My first hope is that I have no warranty items to begin with and if/when I do that they are not a PITA to deal with. We are headed out on our maiden/shakedown trip this weekend in it. I just finished installing 30amp service at my house so she's been plugged in and everything thus far works as it should!
Old 03-31-2016, 06:26 PM   #11

Hope you have a good and safe trip. I have a metal building I erected with some buddies a couple years ago to store our first rv and installed a 30amp service as well. Just installed a Maxxair Deluxe in the bathroom today, but I'm still waiting on my caulk to arrive first of next week to complete that project. From what I can tell, the roof on our 174BH is called a Dicor DiflexII membrane. I'm using the two part Dicor Ultrasealant Primer and Ultrasealant caulk to seal in the fan assembly. I tried using professional grade urethane caulk and a good grade acrylic caulk on the membrane I had in the shop but no luck with sticking appropriately to the membrane. I cut off a piece of the membrane that was hanging down in the vent opening for a test piece with the caulks I had on hand. I even tried wiping down a portion of the test piece with acetone and then applying the urethane caulk but no go; the caulk came off to easy for my liking. Just wondering if your 26BH has the Dicor DiflexII membrane as well. If you don't know, you can e-mail Jayco support and give them your serial# (which evidently is the last eight digits of your vin#) and they can tell you what roof you have. Jayco has been installing Alpha Systems roofs and Dicor brands over the past few years. You need to which roof you have before you buy or do maintenance on your roof.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire&Ice View Post
Hope you have a good and safe trip. I have a metal building I erected with some buddies a couple years ago to store our first rv and installed a 30amp service as well. Just installed a Maxxair Deluxe in the bathroom today, but I'm still waiting on my caulk to arrive first of next week to complete that project. From what I can tell, the roof on our 174BH is called a Dicor DiflexII membrane. I'm using the two part Dicor Ultrasealant Primer and Ultrasealant caulk to seal in the fan assembly. I tried using professional grade urethane caulk and a good grade acrylic caulk on the membrane I had in the shop but no luck with sticking appropriately to the membrane. I cut off a piece of the membrane that was hanging down in the vent opening for a test piece with the caulks I had on hand. I even tried wiping down a portion of the test piece with acetone and then applying the urethane caulk but no go; the caulk came off to easy for my liking. Just wondering if your 26BH has the Dicor DiflexII membrane as well. If you don't know, you can e-mail Jayco support and give them your serial# (which evidently is the last eight digits of your vin#) and they can tell you what roof you have. Jayco has been installing Alpha Systems roofs and Dicor brands over the past few years. You need to which roof you have before you buy or do maintenance on your roof.
I am not sure what kind of roof it is in particular. I know it's a white membrane of some kind over the truss system they are so proud of.