Good Evening from MN
Hi from southeastern MN! Joined this forum in the hopes of getting some ideas and wisdom from more experienced campers.
We bought a used 2008 31.5 BHDS Fiver in December and took our first big trip at the end of July, beginning of August to Glacier National Park. In preparation for the trip we installed a second house battery, almost all new LED lights, an exterior LED light strip, and once we got to Montana we installed new tires. Yeah that should have been done before we left...
We're pulling with a 2008 F250 SRW Powerstroke and a Demco Hijacker Autoslide hitch. I love the auto slide because I don't have to remember to slide the hitch forward and back and it's seems to keep the 'chucking' to minimum.
Got a few upgrades I'm still looking to do in no particular order:
- Disc brakes
- Complete LED changes...maybe even some underneath for ambience
- Upgrade shower head
- Longer mattress...I'm 6'1" and the mattress isn't
- A/V system...there's a TV, but no radio or DVD.
- Cutting board cover for the sinks
- Trailer jack for tires...hopefully never have to change one again.