Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2015, 01:46 AM   #1

Greetings from sunny SoCal

Hello Everyone,

Dont have a Jayco TT yet but hoping to get one soon. My wife and I go back and forth between the white hawk 29REKS and the 28DSBH. We really like the floor plan and elbow room of the REKS but our lil ones (7,5, and 3) really like the bunk house.

Our problem is we cant find an REKS within 400 miles of us so we havent really walked in one to really check it out. We have 3 dealers within 100 miles but none carry the REKS

I've read some posts where owners ordered, had their TT built, and picked up (or had delivered). How is this done and does it cost significantly more? We're in Ventura county CA.

A little bit about us...we just sold our 2007 weekend warrior fs2300 toy hauler. We were visiting more campgrounds and beach camping instead of hauling our dirt bikes out to the desert that it made more sense to upgrade to a TT that had more elbow room and interior options instead of an empty garage.

I tow with either a 2006 Nissan Titan with big tow package or a Nissan NV SL 3500.

Looking forward to getting to know more about everyone on this site. Hoping that my next post will be to announce that we are proud owners of a Jayco TT.

Best,

Flips
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:26 AM   #2

Welcome to The Forum! Both are beautiful trailers! If you get the REKS, where would the little ones sleep? I know from personal experience that making up the hide-a-bed and dinette every night, then tearing them down before breakfast every day can get to be a real pain! You may end up as disappointed with that as you were with the toy hauler. With your family, my vote would be for the bunkhouse! JMHO!

Good Luck with your decision!
Old 02-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
Hello Everyone,

Dont have a Jayco TT yet but hoping to get one soon. My wife and I go back and forth between the white hawk 29REKS and the 28DSBH. We really like the floor plan and elbow room of the REKS but our lil ones (7,5, and 3) really like the bunk house.

Our problem is we cant find an REKS within 400 miles of us so we havent really walked in one to really check it out. We have 3 dealers within 100 miles but none carry the REKS

I've read some posts where owners ordered, had their TT built, and picked up (or had delivered). How is this done and does it cost significantly more? We're in Ventura county CA....snip
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Good luck in deciding between the two units! They are VERY different.

Buying a trailer; Our Long Story Short: We found the trailer we wanted, but we couldn't find one nearby (with 200 miles) with the options we wanted or a local dealer with competent sales people to order one (you are lucky to have several near you). So, we ordered one from a company in Middlebury, IN; about 1,800mi from our home. We plan to drive there to pick it up about the middle of March. You can do the math on your cost of that trip and compare to what your local dealer delivery charge would be.

That information doesn't help with your decision, but it is an option once you are sure of which trailer you want.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #4

Thanks for the comments Brownie and AZ. The option of taking a family vacation to pick up a new trailer is definitely one that we're open to.

Brownie, great question and one that my wife has been asking me as well. She read your post and said, "See...told you so" lol. We will probably end up getting one with a bunk house.

Anyone know the specs for the jay flight 29BHDS? The Jayco site just has N/A for all the specs and I cant find anything else online outside of the Jayco site. I'm assuming its a new 2015 line? It has everything we're looking for but Im guessing that specs will be close to maxing out the capabilities of my TVs.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #5

We have a bunkhouse version - but a few feet shorter than you are looking at. Our choice was driven by [1] TV capacity/TT weight, [2] local National/State Park rigidly-enforced length restrictions, [3] floor plan with dual-side bed access (full queen topper resolves the 'short' issue), [4] outside "man" kitchen!

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
Thanks for the comments Brownie and AZ. The option of taking a family vacation to pick up a new trailer is definitely one that we're open to.
...snip
I found out today that the company I'm buying from has full hookup spots for out-of-town customers to try their new unit. So if you go that route, ask the company you buy from about it.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #7

Welcome!

We have the REKS and are thrilled with it. The opposing slides create a 'huge' living space and a good sized kitchen with lots of counter space. There are only two of us and a small dog though. If we had kids I would opt for the bunk-house - while the sofa opens up and the dinette collapses to create sleeping space, there's really no room to move around once they're converted. As Brownie noted, do you really want to go through the hassle of opening and closing twice a day?

As far as ordering goes, our dealer had an REKS on the lot, but it didn't have the options we wanted so they ordered for us. It should have only taken about eight weeks, but due to damage incurred in transit from the factory the dealer wouldn't accept and had to place a new order. In the long run it worked out in our favor through as we got a 2015 vs. the 2014 we had ordered. Other than the cost of the options, there was no price difference between the TT on the lot and the one we ordered.

All the best with your decision and happy to answer any questions you may have specific to the REKS.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #8

Welcome to The Forum !!!! Good luck on your search
TST 507 flow thru

Livinglife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #9

We have a 29BHDS on order. I saw the same basic floor plan in a competitive brand and loved the double slide out. Feels huge when all opened up. We also love the outdoor kitchen that comes standard. Sweet to be able to step out in the morning and not wake the kids when making coffee. It also comes with a shower instead of a tub which is much more roomier for my fat *ss. lol

Good luck!
Rockford James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #10

Good luck on your decision. I would opt for the bunkhouse also. Having to put up the sofa bed and table bed, then tear them down every morning will soon become a hassle. I know. I have been there.
Dawn309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:55 AM   #11

My wife and I are thinking of getting the WH 29 REKS as well.
Any quotes on 2016/2017 prices with front cap/solid surface/15,000 btu/50 amp service?
I just got a quote for $34,000.....
I'm trying to stay close to $30,000... Am I out in left field?
Dzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 AM   #12
Site Team

Good luck in finding the perfect JAYCO for you!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:01 AM   #13

Where in SoCal? If Richardson's is one of your dealers you can see if Indiana RV Connection has the model and price you are looking for and have it delivered and final purchase made at Richardson's. I bought ours that way and got a better deal too.

Edit: Just re-read that you are in Ventura and that you want to set foot in it first. My suggestion may not help in that case but still good to be aware of it suppose if it comes down to ordering sight unseen.

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzak View Post
My wife and I are thinking of getting the WH 29 REKS as well.
Any quotes on 2016/2017 prices with front cap/solid surface/15,000 btu/50 amp service?
I just got a quote for $34,000.....
I'm trying to stay close to $30,000... Am I out in left field?
Jayco's web site lists MSRP. Go there, configure your trailer as you like. Then take 25%-35% off MSRP and you should be in the ballpark.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote