Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #1

Greetings from Utah

We (Randy & Sue) are new owners of a 2014 Jayco Flight Swift 184BH as of the end of August, our first trailer. I always thought camping wasn't camping unless you were in a tent. It is so much nicer actually not freezing trying to sleep now. We chose this model as it was lite weight and on the cheaper side, which might explain some of the quality issues found. We have gone on 2 trips in September as it is already on the cold side with one more trip in early October. We really enjoyed our first couple trips away in our new trailer as we have gotten to test out everything and are looking forward to many more.

We are located in northern Utah along the Wasatch Front so plenty of mountains to go through, (the first snows have fallen this past week), alot colder than my native Texas. We pull with a 2013 Acura MDX and did not have a problem towing thru the mountains on the trips that we have gone on, except for the gas mileage The only other issue noted during towing was the 30+ mph crosswinds for a few miles but even the cars were having issues with that.

I have been browsing thru the forums and have had a lot of my questions answered so thanks for that. Looking forward to many years in our 184.

Randy
cornholio40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #2

Welcome from Utah County. Odd similarities for us! Bought our first TT in August. We're also TX natives, and tomorrow marks five years living in Utah.
Gas mileage is bad when towing, so get used to it. There are a couple things that make it especially bad, and we fight them all here.
No forced induction
high elevations
climbing
nasty winds
heat

Keep your speeds under 65(that's what your trailer tires are rated for), and be easy on the throttle when you can.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #3

Welcome from Northeast Ohio!

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote