Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #21

I forgot to mention, I have 1000# bars and the underslung version of the Blue Ox hitch. Also, it is an absolute must to have LT-rated tires, P-rated tires are a nightmare to tow with (sidewall flex).
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:43 AM   #22

Loaded tongue weight on our 28BHBE is 1200 lbs +/- a bit on most trips. This is well loaded with full FW (80 gal). Tanks are just ahead of axles. Trailer weight from factory per yellow sticker is 7189lbs. Total weight of trailer loaded is 8800lbs. I tow with 07 Silverado 3500HD SRW XC LB 2x4 6.0L gasser. Hitch is Anderson nonsway. Trailer tows very well with no sway whatsoever. I rarely go over 60MPH as I get decent mileage between 55 & 60. Weights are per Transport Canada Scales. I could not tell you what exact truck weights were on last trip as there were 3 bikes, generator, firewood, BBQ, cooler w/ adult bevies, etc in the box and she still towed like a champ. Average 9mpg on the trip with some significant hills to climb.
Happy Camping
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #23

I have a 28DSBH and utilize a Husky Centerline dual cam hitch with #1200 bars. I have towed my Whitehawk across Canada PEI to Vancouver Island and could not be happier with the set up.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #24

I was looking at the Anderson hitch but had some concerns, they seem to be unfounded. I am not going to switch from the Blue Ox unit due to cost, but I am going to try increasing the tongue weight with WDH engaged from ~800# to 900#, maybe even 1000# since I have some leeway in payload and rear axle rating. Maybe I will experience less sway with the heavier tongue weight.

I will report back in April about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Jay View Post
Loaded tongue weight on our 28BHBE is 1200 lbs +/- a bit on most trips. This is well loaded with full FW (80 gal). Tanks are just ahead of axles. Trailer weight from factory per yellow sticker is 7189lbs. Total weight of trailer loaded is 8800lbs. I tow with 07 Silverado 3500HD SRW XC LB 2x4 6.0L gasser. Hitch is Anderson nonsway. Trailer tows very well with no sway whatsoever. I rarely go over 60MPH as I get decent mileage between 55 & 60. Weights are per Transport Canada Scales. I could not tell you what exact truck weights were on last trip as there were 3 bikes, generator, firewood, BBQ, cooler w/ adult bevies, etc in the box and she still towed like a champ. Average 9mpg on the trip with some significant hills to climb.
Happy Camping
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote