Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #1

Hello everybody!

Hi, my husband and I just purchased an Eagle Superlite HT. We love it! We aren't exactly new to camping or Jayco because we had a pop up (Jayco 1006) several years ago, then reverted to tent camping for a while and then nothing but now with the kids grown and gone we decided to plunge back in to the camping world, there were some conditions to be met of course (ac, our own full bathroom and somewhere to plug the hair dryer!). There is nothing primitive about camping in our Eagle HT, it pulls like a dream, has just enough room but not so much that company will always be tagging along, we have had one trip so far and another planned for July 4th and then the MEGA trip, 2 whole weeks going up the Blue Ridge Parkway to Gettysburg and back to NC in August. We have a few kinks to work out with things like plumbing but overall it has been a great experience so far. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the road sometime. We gladly welcome all tips you feel necessary to share.
tstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to JOF, tstark. That Gettysburg/Blue Ridge trip sounds like fun and something I might wanna try someday! I love mountains and Civil War stuff, you`ve got both of them covered in your trip!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #3

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum tstark! We were supposed to take that same route this spring but postponed due to the sharp increase in gas prices. We will definitely do Blueridge and Natchez Pkwy's one day though. Congrats on the new Eagle!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #4

Welcome from Tucson. Sounds like you got the next couple of months already figured out, enjoy it Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #5

Welcome to you. You know that does sound like a nice vacation. Do you have to have reservations or are you planning on just taking your chances at campgrounds?
Old 06-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #6

Hi tstark and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Gotta agree, nothing primitive about camping in an Eagle Superlite.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #7

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have cheated and have a KOA membership and reservations are already made at our SEVEN stops along the way. I made the decision to go with "brand name" campsites at least until we are a lot more at ease with the whole experience then we'll get a little more adventuresome. This is something we have been planning for a while, we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary while we're travelling.
tstark is offline   Reply With Quote