Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2018, 10:48 PM   #1

Hello everyone

Hello everyone. I am new to Rv'ing. This will is my first RV, not my first time around the country however. My parents use to take us all around the country when we were young, because they were military. Then I joined the military and married military, five children later. Then I retired, and I took a "get away from the husband" road trip to Greenland, (by myself and yes I drove my car onto the cargo ship and off again)) in my little yellow Aveo one summer. It was amazing, so now that I'm retired again, and again, (yes 3x's) now I'm just tired and will be going off again on another adventure. This time however with my adopted sister, and my dog. No children, no job, no worries....we hope. I look forward to going and maybe not stopping except to smell the roses along the way. (3x's, military, teaching in VA, and teaching in FL).Hobbies are quilting, reading, sewing, I've not figured a way out yet to have my garden... but one day I will.
nlcrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #2

Congrats on the new RV and thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:54 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum, and like Tom said thank you for your service! Let us know what RV you end up getting.

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:58 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new RV from a fellow retired vet and Lakelander.
herbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #5

It is a Jayco 26BH, 2016, being pulled by a 3500xl RAM 2017. We wanted to make sure that we didn't get stuck anywhere for a few days due to lack of towing power. Our "Lit'l Bird" is in the shop for a few more weeks. We've just had horrible luck since we've gotten it. WE are hoping that now the NY2018 has started that it will turn around. We bought it (16Dec17), placed into storage (20th), started to load, (the day after we bought it) at what we thought was a good storage park. We came back Tuesday (day after Christmas) to load more only to find that it had been broken into. Locks broken, things disturbed. When we reported it to the Manager of park, she laughed, we called the police, insurance and had things taken care of. All the time thinking that it will be ok now that it has been damaged. Well, nope, again and this time (1 day later) they slept in the beds (messed on them), open stored food, ate it, messed things up, broke the heater, the shower and left muddy prints all over the place. Of course the manager wasn't on the grounds. Called police, insurance, and Camping World to see if they could take it that day. That is when our luck started to change only for the better. So we've owned our "Lit'l Jay" for a total of three weeks. It won't be ready for another five weeks they have to order the door, the frame for the jam, heater, shower, and new mattresses, then clean it. WE are going up today to get rid of the food that they opened, and place some other belongings into it. Because we have to be out of our house in two weeks and our storage unit isn't large enough to hold it. If you are ever in Lakeland and need storage for your RV DON'T use Lakeland Self Storage crossroads of Chestnut and across the street from Kathleen HS. They are not good at all. Thanks for listening. It feels good to get it out.
nlcrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:28 PM   #6

Congratulations on your new RV and welcome to the Jayco forum.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:07 AM   #7

Welcome to the Jayco forum and congratulations on your new to you TT. I guarantee the members of this group will treat you a whole lot better than your RV was while in storage in Florida. That was very unfortunate. Get it fixed and get on the road to your new lifestyle and soon it will be a distant memory. Safe travels.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #8

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Love our 26BH and there are plenty of 26BH owners on here to help you with any issues. Happy camping!
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:38 PM   #9

Congratulations, welcome, and thank you for your service.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #10

Congrats on the new Jayco. Sorry for your troubles but they will be forgotten when all the good times begins and thanks for your service.
Meadowlark paint
Iraq 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #11
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

It is a new year now and things are looking up !!!!

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
military, quilting, rv garden, sewing, teaching