Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #1

Hello from CNY!

Hello all! So incredibly glad to be a part of this forum! We are anxiously awaiting the pick up of our new 23b, probably late next week at the rate the bank is moving on the paperwork. The waiting is killing me! Plus, the longer I wait, the longer my shopping list gets. :hihi: We live right in the middle of New York State, which affords us tons of great places to camp (Adirondacks/High Peaks (my favorite), St. Lawrence, Catskills, Southern Tier, Niagara Region) within just a few hours' drive.

We've had a pop up for the past 5 years and were strict tenters before that. We got the pup when the kids were small (2 and 4 at the time), and we also had two large dogs. It was a lifesaver, but not a time saver. We thought this summer we might sell and downgrade to a tent again. Then we spent 30 straight hours in the rain at Allegany State Park. We would have gone home with our tails between our legs if we had a tent. So moving up was the logical choice. Our girls are now 6 and 8, and this year they REALLY got into the camping experience. They love the outdoors and getting dirty, so we figured if we're going to do a lot more camping, we need to majorly cut down our setup/takedown time. Went between a TT and an HTT at the dealer and decided on the 23B. My husband is a tall guy (6'2") and he felt claustrophobic in the 26BH (my choice). The girls will miss the bunk beds, but the 23B really does have a much more open feel. We're all really excited and can't wait to spend Labor Day weekend in camp driveway. We plan to get in at least two camping weekends before having to say goodbye for a long, cold NYS winter, one at the racetrack at Watkins Glen for Vintage weekend.

Can't wait to explore the forums more and pick the brains of my fellow 23B owners! But for now, I've got to go out and say goodbye to the pup. The new owners are coming to take it home this morning and we've got to walk them through the pop-down process. We looked for that rig for 2 years - it has every single feature we wanted and more. We will all miss our Big Bertha Viking. Now for the next chapter in our family camping adventures!

~ Karen
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #2

Welcome from parish ny 15 dayes than fl
JAYCO2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #3

Welcome to the forums from Rochester, NY. Just had our 228 at Bath for the Nascar races at Watkins Glen. Enjoy the new trailer.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #4

Welcome to the JOF Karen! Have fun in Camp Driveway and congrats on the new hybrid!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #5

Welcome soutpaw to the JOF forums!

I also have a 23B and we really like it! This is our first TT, as we also moved up from a pop-up.

BTW, I'm from Geneva, N.Y., and we are making a trip up there this week-end for a family re-union. :hihi:

Sadly we will be leaving the 23B back here in Indiana!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #6

Thanks for the welcome! We pick up our 23B on Thursday - cannot wait! JAYCO2010 - I'm not terribly far from you - we live on Oneida Lake. Small world!
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #7

@southpaw211, Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Jayco. I'm from Long Island and have been camping for 30+ years in the Catskills and Adirondacks. There are so many great places to camp up there!!

Good luck and lots of great memories camping.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #8

Welcome from California,good luck with your new tt. Had our tt for a while but do to time restraints we did Camp Driveway last Friday night with 4 of our grand daughters aged 1,5,7,8,. Sleeping in the tt anywhere can be fun.........happy camping!
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #9

We stay at Ecra on 69 and state parks in summer 6miles from Disney in winter
JAYCO2010 is offline   Reply With Quote