Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #1

Hello from Illinois

I'm new to the camping trailer scene. Started last year with a popup and really enjoyed it The wife needed more amenities so I bought a 2005 Jayco 19H about 4 weeks ago. Can't wait to try it out. I have been camping 40 years in everything from teepees to modern tents but mostly in primitive canvas tents as I do historical reinactments. I'm retired now and have more time to camp and fish and am ready to get with it as soon as spring gets here. The wife will be retiring in a few short months so we will have plenty of time. I gave the popup to my son so his family can enjoy camping also.
Marteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #2

That was the first trailer I bought for my family and I. It was a 2005 19H, great rig !!! I just sold it in September and bought a 2013 228 bunkhouse model. My boys are getting older and sharing a bed was getting adventuresome to say the least. The bunks keep them separate and all is peaceful. You will really like the 19H as it is a perfect floorplan for two people.

You are going to have a blast !!! Welcome to JOF !!!

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Screw 6.7 Stroker
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #3

Welcome Marteau. Hope you enjoy your 19H as much as we enjoy ours. I'm new to RVing, too, so you and I can learn together. Congratulations on your recent retirement. Happy Camping!!
pm1stnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #4

Welcome from central Illinois. I use to go to Salem twice on week on deliveries. I remember when the tornado went through and put the golf cart place all over Rt. 37 (?) south. Do you go to Friendship, Indiana for your reinactments? My father-in-law would go every year.

Enjoy your trailer. When my wife and I started camping I told her no tents. 6 years in the army.....no more tents. I want my bed...all ready made and ready to go.

Maybe we will meet up sometime. We camp in Effingham alot, but want to make it to Red Hills State Park, and Forbes State Park. I don't know if I can get a 33 foot trailer in Forbes, but I know it will fit in Red Hills. We did a drive through at Red Hills one time.

Regards,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #5

Welcome to JOF.

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ, CC, 4X4
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24-E Toy Hauler(SOLD).
2017 Forest River Hyper Lite XLR
Prodigy P2 Brake Control
12K Husky Straight Line WD Hitch
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #6

Grumpy,
We camped at Forbes a couple of times last year. They can handle your size camper, no problem. I've never been to friendship Ind. for their deal. I've heard about it a lot but have never gone. I usually go to Ft. DeChartres, south of Red Bud. I have gone to Ft. Massac inthe past. Made one trip to Ft. Niagra, NY for the French and Indian War event there. We will be at Forbes part of the time this summer. Plan on going to Carlyle, Coles Creek part of the time and maybe Rend Lake and try it out. It's hard to beat the price at the Corps camp grounds with the goldenage card. Later, Jerry Nix
Marteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marteau View Post
Grumpy,
We camped at Forbes a couple of times last year. They can handle your size camper, no problem. I've never been to friendship Ind. for their deal. I've heard about it a lot but have never gone. I usually go to Ft. DeChartres, south of Red Bud. I have gone to Ft. Massac inthe past. Made one trip to Ft. Niagra, NY for the French and Indian War event there. We will be at Forbes part of the time this summer. Plan on going to Carlyle, Coles Creek part of the time and maybe Rend Lake and try it out. It's hard to beat the price at the Corps camp grounds with the goldenage card. Later, Jerry Nix
My wife and I want to go to Rend Lake State Park. I use to go by it twice a week, when I drove grocery delivery truck. I was in Mt. Vernon for three nights. I would do Benton, Sesser, DuQuoin, Percy, Murphyboro, Carbondale, Marion, McLeansboro (another tornado story) Salem, Mt. Vernon, Flora, Fairfield, West Franfort, Louisville, and some other towns. I can't remember the name of the town just west of Louisville, Illinois, on I-57. Anyway, on a day trip from Effingham, I took my wife down to Rend Lake, and it is on our list of places to visit. There use to be a small bait shop/grocery store just outside of Forbes, and I would stop there for a sandwich every now and again.

Glad to know the trailer will fit at Forbes. Will have to put that on our places we want to visit. Thanks for the information.
Safe Travels,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #8

Hello from Illinois

Welcome
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #9

Welcome Marteau! And congratulations on your upgrade! I know your son and family will get may more years of memories out of the popup.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
Site Team

Welcome to JOF! Post often!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote