Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #1

Hello from Mississippi!

Hi everyone! My name is Patrice and my husband and I live near Hattiesburg, MIssissippi. We just got a used 2006 31' Jay Flight 28FKS. We are excited! My girlfriend had loaned us her Bambi Airstream because I really did not know if I would like camping. We went twice in it and I love camping but that was just way to small! We have a Doberman and a miniature schnauzer so just not enough room for all of us! Hubby found this one on RV Trader being sold by a private party so we went and looked at it and could not believe how well kept it is! I swear it looks brand new! Hubby turned a closet into a pantry for me and hung some new towel racks and hooks and I've got it stocked and ready to go! Just have to get the sheets on the bed and stuff put in the fridge! We are going down to Gulf State Park for our maiden voyage in our new camper! It has so much more room and its own shower which I know I will love! It's been extremely hot here. The humidity is horrid but everyone says there is a breeze down there so we are going to head out!
I'm so glad I found this forum! I've enjoyed reading about everything! Stay tuned...I'll let you know how our first trip went! Hope I did this right!
MsTwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #2

Congratulations on the "New-to-You" trailer, and welcome to the Jayco Owner's Forum! Falling in love with camping is pretty easy to do - it's relaxing, yet invigorating at the same time . . . and most of the people doing it are the salt of the earth. Nice to have you among us!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to JOF

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #4

Welcome to JOF. I'm new to the forum myself, after joining in July. We are just outside Picayune, MS and just recently purchased a 08 Eagle Lite 30.5 fifth wheel. We are looking forward to our second trip soon. We travel with our two wiener dogs Charlie and Lizzy. Best wishes on your maiden voyage, you will really enjoy yourselves.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #5

Welcome from NE Arkansas.......we plan to head your way in two weeks.....will stay Sunday night, Sept 21, at campground on Ross Barnett Reservoir near Jackson and then on to Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores on Monday, Sept 22......probably will stay somewhere near Hattiesburg or Jackson on the way back. Hope y'all enjoy your trip to the Gulf.

2014 Jayco White Hawk 30DSQB Summit Edition, Glacier Package
2012 GMC 2500HD Z71 SLT 4WD Crew Cab...DuraMax/Allison....3.73 Rear Axle.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ 4WD Crew Cab...Vortec 6.0L V8...3.73 Rear Axle..(traded)
2011 Chevrolet Avalanche...5.3L V8...3.42..(traded)
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #6

That's a great size for the dogs it gives them plenty of room and you'll still have room for yourself too. Great kitchen layout for prep as well as cooking ( when done inside). We know your going to enjoy it all year long living in the south and any questions you have we're all here to help. Now go have fun!!!
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #7

Congratulations and welcome! We bought this year assuming we'd like camping, and enjoy it so much we already have 27 nights out, with several more to go this year.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:14 AM   #8

Congrats on the "new to you camper" and welcome to the forums. If you have any troubles at all, someone on here will most likely have an answer. We did the same thing as you guys have done, only about 40 years ago and still going strong. The memories are endless, mostly good! Lol. Have a great first trip!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #9

Thanks so much y'all!! We just got back and I tell you what despite the terrible heat I had a blast! I am officially hooked on camping! We do have a few questions though so please tell me which forum am I suppose to ask them in? ☺️
MsTwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #10

I think you are doing just fine. Start asking questions and if some are not in the right spot some friendly moderator will help sort it out.
Dave
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #11

I just wanted to say "Howdy" to you MsTwizzle, We live in Picayune so I feel like we're neighbors. I'm Mrs. Witt74 ... don't know if I'm supposed to have my own log in to post, hubby said I can use his as long as I don't get him in trouble. I'm no expert on this board, but as far as where to post your questions is concerned, I'd start out by going to the "top" and look through the available forums, there's a section that says, "Jayco Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes" and lists the different types, pick the one that fits your Jayco and start there. For example, ours is a 5th Wheel, so I'd post questions there. This seems to be a very friendly board so I'm sure if you put something in a blatantly wrong place one of the moderators will move it for you.

I'm glad you enjoyed your 'maiden voyage'... maybe we'll run into each other around here soon.

Pat
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote