Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #1

Hello from Missouri

Hey everyone, just purchased a 2001 Kiwi 23b and we're excited to use our new upgraded camper. Any suggestions from other hybrid owners out there? We had a 1995 pop up before this that I completely rebuilt so we aren't new to the camping community or projects. I have a couple of problem areas on the camper that I have already noticed I need to tend to, like the front bunk...

Also does anyone know a good website for replacement parts? I am looking to get new clamps for the bunks since the current ones are rusty and do not want to tighten easily. Thanks!
JMaixner27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #2

Welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #3

Hello Jmaixner and a great big "welcome"! This is soo ironic, I also have a 2001 KIWI 23B (that I havent had for too long), I also upgraded from a 1995 popup. Finally, I also live in a STL suburb.
--best news for you-I work at a local RV dealer (I wont mention which one-you will need to PM me for that info) but you see the infomercials on TV every saturday. And it is not too far from you.
--anyway, we sell the clamps you are looking for. They are on the shelf in stock. As well as just about anything else you would need.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #4

That is crazy...I haven't had an opportunity to get to a dealer yet about the parts, so it is good to know that you stock them. I was a little nervous since it is almost 14 years old about finding parts, although I now realize that this model is mostly unchanged over the years other than the name.

If you are talking about the infomercials I am thinking of with all the cars, I know exactly where you work, I was there a couple weeks ago looking at a hybrid (the only one on the lot) that needed a LOT of work...

Have you had any issues with the front bunk leaking? All of the rain we got the past 2 weeks has exposed many areas I didn't notice when we bought the trailer.
Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #5

Welcome to the Forum....

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #6

Howdy
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #7

Jmax. This is almost too unbelievable, My 95 PUP was a palamino "mustang" DD (meaning 2 dinettes). Yes that is the dealership I work for. I honostly dont know if my front bunk leaks. I have never had it open (other than when the fine folks that traded the KIWI in for a Forest River "SUNSEEKER" class C MH had it open).

It is just the DW and I. We have permanently converted that large U shape dinette into our bed, and we sit/eat/ETC at the couch. So I use our KIWI as a TT really. I dont have a need to open the bunks.

Yes you may come visit me at the "XX-XXXXX-RV" dealership anyday Tues-Sat. (You know the one that sits -and is actually owned-by the "XXX" Auto Sales). Come in to parts and ask Dave or Mike to get me. They certainly will. My name is Tim, Im the only Tim there.

If you need help winterizing. I am planning on a night at the KOA in Eureka, Mo. this weekend (Oct 18-19) Bring 2 gallons of (liquid RV crack) Rv antifreeze. We will GIT-R-DONE.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #8

Tim,
That's insane. Mine was a DD also! We busted (I fell through it) the table by the front bunk though so it turned into a single...lol. we are actually going to Watkins Mill the following weekend so I won't be winterizing until after that, but I will come up and see you this week for those clamps for sure. Thanks for all your advice so far. Talk to you soon.