Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2015, 05:24 AM   #11

I know that RV resort in Orange City very well. We live about 10 mins away from there. It is a small world .

We purchased our TT from OrlandoRV as well. We worked a good price and the sales side and delivery side went very well. We were actually impressed with the delivery process. I recently have had my first experience with the service dept. I have not been as impressed. First if you read here you will see that Jayco seems to take 6 - 8 weeks to deliver on parts. We have a few small cosmetic issues that need parts replaced and are still waiting on parts.

The service Dept. is not very pro-active and it has been frustrating, in part since I previously ran a automotive service dept and I know how things should be. Be prepared to follow up on them: Are parts ordered? Warranty work approved? Setup an appointment ahead of time and then call prior to it to make sure they remember who you are, why you are coming, and did your parts come in yet?

It is a real PIA to get in and out of that dealership because of where it is located which I know they cannot help, but upon picking up my TT this week they didn't even come out and offer any help hooking up.

I also requested a quote on having slide toppers put on, the service writer didn't have a price for me until the warranty work that could be done was done and I was told I could pick it up (by the way I had to call and ask and then they had to call me back after they double checked with the tech).

We love our Jayco and we do not have any regrets, the issues we have are minor and basically cosmetic so it is no big deal for us. If I have work done such as the slide toppers added I may look towards another dealer.

With that said if we were buying another I would go back there again due to the deal we were able to work.

Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:26 AM   #12

Welcome!

robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #13

We also got a great price from them. But I'm worried about the service end of it. We will be living in it so we can't afford to have it in for service for any length of time. I explained this to them and he said there are mobile service people that will come out and service it. But salesman will say anything. We are still going to research dealers and see if they will at least match the price. But I haven't heard anything good about any dealers service department. Sad.
bassin39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #14

So did you guys drag it back up to NJ or do you have it stored here in Fla?
Obviously you have already taken delivery, correct?
Old 08-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #15

No. We haven't taken delivery yet. We just got a price. We are going to the Hershey Pa. RV show to look at other models but we're pretty sure the 377rlbh is the one we want. We are paying for the site in Daytona so we could secure the spot we wanted instead of getting stuck with a bad spot when we finally came down for good. We want to come down after the holidays so we don't have to come back up again to see the kids. There are other factors but that's the main reason.
bassin39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #16

When you are at the show ask the dealers there if they have the same service that comes to you. As for OrlandoRV I would ask for the name and number of the service that comes to you, call them and find out what the details are.