Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2017, 08:48 AM   #1

Cool Hi and thanks

So glad we found this nice forum. Wanted to say hi and share our woes at the moment. Achieved empty nest 4 years ago Moved up from a 24' 2003 Cougar TT and bought a 35' Jayco Eagle 291 RLTS fifth wheel. We are excited about pulling a fifth wheel for the first time, had a new Pullrite hitch installed Friday in our 2005 Ford 250 diesel truck. Went to pick up our Eagle yesterday and the capture plate was not there. After hours of scrambling the dealer says sorry the one we have won't fit because your trailer has a very rare pin box. So we weren't able to bring our new Eagle home. Now we are told Monday morning they should have the right plate. So now we are researching this problem...thought I would see if anyone here knows which plate we should have just in case. Thanks again!

Larry & Peg

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170805_133413.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	33837
Rubeedew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeedew View Post
After hours of scrambling the dealer says sorry the one we have won't fit because your trailer has a very rare pin box.
Congrats and welcome. Is this the first JAYCO they've sold? Sounds like a typical "we messed up" excuse. Can't be 100% sure, but pic looks like a Mor-Ryde pin box which is on many FWs.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:37 PM   #3

Congratulations on the new 35' Jayco Eagle 291 RLTS fifth wheel and welcome to the JOF. Sad to hear of the "challenges" you are enduring with the dealer on the hitch. So far, we have been blessed with our dealer and Jayco. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #4

Congratulations and welcome to the group!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #6

Welcome and congratulations.

It's Monday afternoon. Did the needed plate arrive?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #7

Thanks everyone, still more woes...

Yes, the plate arrived and we got it home yesterday afternoon. It was a great day packing it up and being happy after the disappointing weekend....then we discovered the toilet wasn't holding water. Nice aroma everywhere. Now hubby is back at the dealer this morning discussing what to do. We thought the $695 pre-inspection charge was supposed to cover this type of tragedy. Been watching videos on this Thetford Aqua Magic toilet (pretty sure thats it) and how to replace the seal but should we really have to do that?
Thanks for listening...I'll update with the next part of our story as soon as I know.....
Old 08-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeedew View Post
Yes, the plate arrived and we got it home yesterday afternoon. It was a great day packing it up and being happy after the disappointing weekend....then we discovered the toilet wasn't holding water. Nice aroma everywhere. Now hubby is back at the dealer this morning discussing what to do. We thought the $695 pre-inspection charge was supposed to cover this type of tragedy. Been watching videos on this Thetford Aqua Magic toilet (pretty sure thats it) and how to replace the seal but should we really have to do that?
Thanks for listening...I'll update with the next part of our story as soon as I know.....
Yes, you are right, if they are going to charge for the inspection, they should have fixed it. Personally, I refuse to pay a dealer to make sure they are letting me buy a functional product.
Regarding the toilet, often just some lubricant on a gloved finger will do the trick to stop a leaking ball valve.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #9

I agree. A new blade seal is most likely the culprit.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:23 PM   #10

My 16 Eagle does not hold water either had it 21 months!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #11

Toilet fixed!

So the hubs went to the dealer and got new valves to repair it. But he kept saying it looked like it was missing something. He dismantled the whole thing and sure enough he was right. The toilet was missing the white platform that the ball sits in. He went back to the dealer and they found the part in a broken toilet that was sitting around. Brought it home and the toilet is now like new. Not sure why someone would take that out of the toilet unless they were kinda dumb or wanted to sabotage someone. We're hoping they were just kinda dumb. Trip is on again!

« Howdy! | New Member »