Update on my remodel. My goal for undertaking a remodel of my bath/bunk area is to provide a more comfortable bathroom i.e., making the bathroom more user friendly. I purchased my TT used for a very good price in 2010 and have spent two summers in it so I know more about what I like and don't like about it. First order of business was to measure out and draw the floor plan in ACAD to determine the best possible layout. I contacted Jayco for drawings which they willingly provided. The best resource person was Jayco's Dennis in purchasing. He was very knowledgeable and help me to make the revision to the black water tank vent that was required. (see the attached picture of the new 1 1/2" vent nipple)
The toilet will remain in its original location but be rotated 30d ccw. I removed the existing vanity, linen closet, wall between the bath and bunks (future pictures will show how I reinforced the area where the wall was removed) and the bunks. A new wall was installed to divide the bunk area in 1/2. The vanity is being relocated to the rear 1/2 of the bunk area over the top of the hot water tank. Full access to the HW tank and water valving will still be available. Water lines have been sanitarily relocated to the bottom of the rear wall. The service water & electrical cords. exposed by removal of the linen closet & vanity, are being boxed in. The inside 1/2 of the bunk area is being converted to storage accessible from inside and outside. (This unit has the small escape door) The new full size vanity sink will now connect to the gray water drain line from the kitchen sink. Water to the vanity sink was easily tied in at the HW tank. The project is 80% complete and I will attach construction and completion pictures in the near future. I don't believe I've added more than a couple hundred pounds to the trailer weight mostly due the new wood flooring that has been install throughout.