Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #1

Hi from the Pacific Northwest

Hi from Anacortes, WA. I'm new to 'Forums' so please bear with me. I primarily joined because I have a 26' BHS G2 that I want to remodel the bathroom/bunk area into a bigger bath. My trailer is used at vacation property on Lake Roosevelt/Columbia river in eastern WA. Rather than leave it on the property, I brought it home a couple of weeks ago with the idea that I will do the remodel it this winter. I looked at buying a different trailer but I really like the open concept of this trailer in the living area and feel that by taking out the bunks to expand the bath, this really will be the perfect trailer for me.

Best regards to all.

Island_Tim
Island_tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #2

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck with your mods.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and please post some pics of your remodel job!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #4

remodel update

Update on my remodel. My goal for undertaking a remodel of my bath/bunk area is to provide a more comfortable bathroom i.e., making the bathroom more user friendly. I purchased my TT used for a very good price in 2010 and have spent two summers in it so I know more about what I like and don't like about it. First order of business was to measure out and draw the floor plan in ACAD to determine the best possible layout. I contacted Jayco for drawings which they willingly provided. The best resource person was Jayco's Dennis in purchasing. He was very knowledgeable and help me to make the revision to the black water tank vent that was required. (see the attached picture of the new 1 1/2" vent nipple) Click image for larger version

Name:	Installed vent nipple.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	5487 The toilet will remain in its original location but be rotated 30d ccw. I removed the existing vanity, linen closet, wall between the bath and bunks (future pictures will show how I reinforced the area where the wall was removed) and the bunks. A new wall was installed to divide the bunk area in 1/2. The vanity is being relocated to the rear 1/2 of the bunk area over the top of the hot water tank. Full access to the HW tank and water valving will still be available. Water lines have been sanitarily relocated to the bottom of the rear wall. The service water & electrical cords. exposed by removal of the linen closet & vanity, are being boxed in. The inside 1/2 of the bunk area is being converted to storage accessible from inside and outside. (This unit has the small escape door) The new full size vanity sink will now connect to the gray water drain line from the kitchen sink. Water to the vanity sink was easily tied in at the HW tank. The project is 80% complete and I will attach construction and completion pictures in the near future. I don't believe I've added more than a couple hundred pounds to the trailer weight mostly due the new wood flooring that has been install throughout.

best regards,

island_tim
Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #5

Update on my remodel. My goal for undertaking a remodel of my bath/bunk area is to provide a more comfortable bathroom i.e., making the bathroom more user friendly. I purchased my TT used for a very good price in 2010 and have spent two summers in it so I know more about what I like and don't like about it. First order of business was to measure out and draw the floor plan in ACAD to determine the best possible layout. I contacted Jayco for drawings which they willingly provided. The best resource person was Jayco's Dennis in purchasing. He was very knowledgeable and help me to make the revision to the black water tank vent that was required. (see the attached picture of the new 1 1/2" vent nipple)[ATTACH][/ATTACH] The toilet will remain in its original location but be rotated 30d ccw. I removed the existing vanity, linen closet, wall between the bath and bunks (future pictures will show how I reinforced the area where the wall was removed) and the bunks. A new wall was installed to divide the bunk area in 1/2. The vanity is being relocated to the rear 1/2 of the bunk area over the top of the hot water tank. Full access to the HW tank and water valving will still be available. Water lines have been sanitarily relocated to the bottom of the rear wall. The service water & electrical cords. exposed by removal of the linen closet & vanity, are being boxed in.Click image for larger version

Name:	Plumbing as found.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	5488 The inside 1/2 of the bunk area is being converted to storage accessible from inside and outside. (This unit has the small escape door) The new full size vanity sink will now connect to the gray water drain line from the kitchen sink. Water to the vanity sink was easily tied in at the HW tank. The project is 80% complete and I will attach construction and completion pictures in the near future. I don't believe I've added more than a couple hundred pounds to the trailer weight mostly due the new wood flooring that has been install throughout.

best regards,

island_tim
Old 10-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #6

Hi island Tim

It was great reading about your mods to the trailer. We would love to see more before and after pics. Our prior trailer was a bunk bed model that we traded for our Jayco. I too thought of remodeling it to suit just my wife and I. We decided against it because the trailer was getting old and the idea of a new Jayco was appealing. I spent the month of September just down the road from you at a campground on Skagit Bay. I'll never forget watching the sun set over the water night after night. The harvest moon was the brightest I'd ever seen, and the bald eagles and other sea life sure make your part of the state special.

Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #7

Hi Tim,

It's nice to see a fellow island resident on this forum. Good luck with the remodel!
fidalgo66 is offline   Reply With Quote