Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #1

Hi from the Texas Hill Country

Newbie to the forum and new RVer. My wife and I just purchased a Jayflight 26BH. Supposed to take delivery on 2/12 and will immediately embark on our maiden voyage... that is if it every stops raining. We are pretty excited to do some exploring in our new TT. Any "first trip" tips would be welcomed!
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Rolly Send a message via Yahoo to Rolly
Welcome to Jayco Owners Hondopatrick

'75 Dodge Class A Motorhome AKA "The Getto" :eek:
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #3

Delivered!

Ivania and I picked up our new Jayco yesterday.... yeeeehaaaaw! Spent about 3 hours at the dealer with about half of that WDH installation (I measured everything to make sure that baby was installed correctly!). I pulled it about 75 miles to our storage facility and it towed perfectly. We were originally planning on taking it camping this weekend but business travel issues put me home very late friday night, so we just barely made it on time for the delivery. So.... maiden voyage delayed, but that is OK! I will post pics soon as I figure out how to do it.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum Hondopatrick and congrats on your Jayflight 26BH. Must have been hard to tow it from the dealer directly to your storage facility. Hope you enjoy your maiden voyage whenever it does happen.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #5

Congratulations on your new Jayco! Be sure and check out the state parks in Texas; my wife and I do most of our Texas camping in the parks rather than in commercial parks. The following link is to the Texas Parks and Wildlife website section on finding parks by region of the state: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/

You may want to purchase an annual state park pass; it gives you free entrance to all of the state parks for one year as well as three nights of camping at half price. We use the above website to check out parks, especially the layout of the campsites, before each trip. We usually make reservations by phoning the reservations office because there is no fee for making reservations by phone. Oh, you do not need a state fishing license to fish in most Texas state parks.

One final suggestion (which I have previously made in other posts): fire up your furnace with the windows and doors open because the first use will produce toxic fumes that set off your smoke detector. This information is essentially hidden in the furnace manual.

Glad to have another Texan as a member of the Jayco Owners' Forum!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #6

Thanks so much Texas Sam. That is a great link to the Texas state parks, and thanks to a previous post on the heater I did have the dealer run our heater for 3 hours the day before we took delivery. When we picked it up we also ran the heater for roughly 1 hour with out incident of smell.

On our first trip we are planning is Schreiner park in Kerrville, TX. It is a nice park and pretty close to home/dealer just in case there are any issues. Schreiner used to be a state park but is now operated by the city of Kerrville. I love to Kayak fish also, so I have been to the park many times.

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com