Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #1

Hi there

Hi There

I'm a new Jayco 12 pop-up owner from Ontario, Canada! Not much to tell otherwise!

-Rob
rmarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #2

Hi Rob and welcome to Jayco Owners Forum. Have you taken the pop-up out camping yet? When you do, then remember to tell us here at the forum how it went. Glad to have you with us.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1971 View Post
Have you taken the pop-up out camping yet?
Not yet. We just signed the paperwork on it earlier this week, still have to take delivery. I came across this site trying to find out more information about a 7pin harness setup and thuoght it might be a good idea to join and check things out.

I grew up tent camping. Eventually my parents buoght a 1976 Lionel for a steal - it was litterally a popup only, no frills. VERY heavy, it had 1" plywood floors and true canvas for the tent material. It was nice because it meant we could get all our gear to site without having to pack it in over my brother and myself (my parents had a small car at that time).

Eventually my brother and I moved out to tents again. My wife and I for years tent camped, but now that we have a younger family, we decided it was time to get something a bit more family friendly.

Holy moley how the options have changed (or maybe they were there all along and I never noticed). I was thinking "you know, I'd like a fridge" to avoid dealing with the cooler... Then we started looking at the much longer list of options. Electric brakes, furnace, water heaters, air conditioners!

We settled for a trailer packed with most of the options (i think a/c was the only one we didn't get!). The outdoor shower will be nice for hosing the kids down at the end of day. The furnace will be nice as in the past we've gone camping as late as the weekend after Canadian thanksgiving, which usually means snow. We haven't gone that late since having kids, but with the furnace we'll be able to go a bit later than we have in the past.

Electric brakes - that was a surprise as well, but one that I welcomed. Anything I can do to slow the vehicle down, count me in.

Anyways, looking forward to it.
rmarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #4

Welcome Rob! The outside shower also works well for washing dishes.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote