Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Welcome To Jayco Owners Forums > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2021, 09:58 AM   #1

How to watch tv with hdmi cable with a JBL AND INSIGNIA TV

Good morning
I have a 2021 north point jayco fifth wheel with insignia tv and Jbl radio. The TVs are on a televator and I’m unable to use an hdmi fire stick.How can I install the fire stick with an hdmi cable that I can’t hook up to back of any of my TVs
RvguynSCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:03 AM   #2

If the tv only has 1 hdmi input, you can get an hdmi splitter.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:06 PM   #3

Welcome to the site from SW Michigan. Hope you find a remedy to that soon. If you need more assistance with that issue, re-post your question in the appropriate forum thread. There are more people surfing the other threads as opposed to this Welcome Mat thread. Good luck and happy camping!

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:15 PM   #4

Not sure what the problem is - are you out of HDMI ports? If so, you can buy a splitter as mentioned. If you can't reach it, they make HDMI extension cables. I usually keep a variety in the RV.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:22 PM   #5
Site Team

I have the same type disappearing tv. You can use a short HDMI cable and stick the fire stick to the bottom of the tv with velcro.

My roku box is attached like that but it connects to the tv with 3 RCA cables.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 04:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvguynSCV View Post
Good morning
I have a 2021 north point jayco fifth wheel with insignia tv and Jbl radio. The TVs are on a televator and I’m unable to use an hdmi fire stick.How can I install the fire stick with an hdmi cable that I can’t hook up to back of any of my TVs

I have a 2021 Pinnacle, same setup. The TV and the JBL are connected via an HDMI cable, and the JBL unit should be connected to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV. Two different ways you can do this, both simple. The front of the JBL head unit has a little door I think on the right side, don't make me run over to the Pinnacle and look, and a USB input. You can plug your Fire Stick there. Works great, we used it on our first outing. You will need to be on that input on the TV via the settings menu so the Fire Stick shows up. The second way, if you feel like a contortionist, you can actually bring up the TV part of the way and with a cell light and lots of patience find another input for your Fire Stick on the back of the TV. By the way, the ARC input is what will allow you to listen to the TV through the indoor speakers, A, I think? B should be inside speakers and C outdoors? Going on our second outing next week, hopefully will remember some of this. How I know some of this is because our TV and JBL would not talk to each other when doing our PDI last month, as in no sound from the JBL speakers inside when watching TV. It means a lot to me as I have hearing issues and I did not see an easy way to add a soundbar. Dealer swapped the JBL head unit and the HDMI cable with no success. Finally swapped the TV and it was the answer. The TV had a bad HDMI-ARC input, go figure. Let us know if you have issues, I will go in ours and play with the Fire stick and inputs.
Rene

Ok, you made me walk over to the Pinnacle. To the right on the head JBL unit where you have the volume and fast forward etc buttons. Look right under and you have a little push in door and you will find the USB input as well as an HDMI input to power the Fire stick
Old 09-07-2021, 05:31 PM   #7
Site Team

My reply in post #5 is outdated by my knowledge of what is new in TV's. Mine works well but it's outdated by new technology.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 09-08-2021, 02:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
My reply in post #5 is outdated by my knowledge of what is new in TV's. Mine works well but it's outdated by new technology.

Not so sure about this new technology, lol
Old 09-08-2021, 06:22 AM   #9
Site Team

Yep, It seems like many threads on JOF about auto levelers. Not from me, I have no problem with treated 2 x 10 boards.
Gator roll-up bed cover