Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #1

Smile I need a way to print $$$$ -- New Owner and EXCITED!

Howdy all,

Found this forum by accident while searching for answers about lighting.

I am the proud new owner of a 2013 Jaylight 24FBS all of two weeks...

My significant other and I have been involved in a sport called 'Cowboy Action Shooting' for 7-8 years. We celebrate the 'Old West' by playing cowboy and compete in events with pre 1900 Old West type firearms....

I have been RV'ing at the whim of my other friends for most of that time staying with them and learning how much fun it is to have a campfire at night with the wagons circled during our outings.

I have learned a lot from my pards and now I have my own wagon! Our first shakedown trip is the middle of July, then we are off to central California in August for a 5 day trip....

We settled on the Jayco by accident after we had pretty much decided on another brand. We decided to take a look at this one and you can see the result....

We do a lot of dry camping so the big water tank was a plus. I am looking forward to lots of adventures and learning from y'all here....

JJJ-D
AKA Crashdude
crashdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #2

Hi Crashdude, welcome to the group! We have the exact same trailer you do and we love it. I assume you got it at Richardson's? We picked ours up in February and so far other than a couple of minor issues, it's been everything we hoped it would be. We live in Whittier, but we spend quite a bit of time in the IE too. Great to meet ya!

When you say Cowboy Action Shooting I assume you shoot SASS? I've always been interested in it and love watching the coverage on TV, but haven't been able to convince the Mrs that it's a good financial investment yet! :hihi:

Your eyes will go blurry reading all the posts here - I found a lot of very smart folks who have helped quite a bit. Enjoy your wagon and post some pictures!

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #3

Hey crashdude, welcome and I too am interested in the SASS looks like a lot of fun. Hope to do it one day. Happy camping...
Bivwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #4

Hey there BlueHaul and Bivwack!

SASS is precisely what we do...

Our home club is the largest and oldest in SASS, the Cowboys in Norco.

We shoot at Rauhauges range the 4th sunday of each month starting at about 9 AM. We usually have 100+ shooters.

If you are interested you can attend our 'new shooters' clinic. It's 1/2 a day and you get a chance to do hands-on with what we do. You get to try some of the guns we use and see a bunch more.... The clinic costs $30 and includes everything but ear protection and eye protection which we can provide as well for a coupla bucks....

So come on out and try it!!

Crashdude
crashdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #5

Welcome to the JOF crashdude! 'Cowboy Action Shooting' sounds like a great reason to go camping in a new Jayco!! Congrats
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote