Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #1

Jayco Newbie

We have been camping for about 6 years. The first unit was a 73 Coachmen Cadet that took a year to make roadworthy. We decided to upgrade and bought a 97 Fleetwood Terry 26' with superslide and really liked it till 30 days ago when a friend wanted us to look at a 2004 308FBS. He was settling his sons estate and decided he didn't want a trailer this big. All it took was one look and we had to have it! I sold the Terry in one day! We brought our Jayco home the next day and have spent the last month cleaning and personalizing it. We camped last week at Branched Oak Lake near Malcolm Nebraska, boy was it hot. The ac worked great as did all the other systems. We have to mount the water pump on rubber and figure out a bigger fresh water tank, but that is minor. We have seen a large group of Jayco owners camping together at different lakes and it looks like it would be fun to join them. I will probably be on here asking questions now and then. Alan
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum 82corvette and congrats on the rig. Lots of good folks on here so feel free to share your camping experiences and post up some pics when you can.

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #3

Welcome-- this board may not have as many posts as the big RV forum but the quality of people is better. Nobody flames anyone here, so don't be afraid to ask anything.

I have a tip for you about the water pump (if you want one)

-- look to be sure that none of the hard hoses or pipes that connect to the pump are touching the walls. Also I went to Lowes and got a sheet of sound dampening board and made a box that sits over the pump. Now the water hitting the sink makes more noise then the pump.

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #4

Welcome Adam ... Its really great to happen across such great opportunities as your new unit.

Great folks here, and I get the "more the merrier" vibe here since joining recently.
We just got a '02 31FKS Designer TT and Luv it. A few minor issues, but we're at a camp resort so addressing them is easier.

Glad to see ya dropped by .... and be sure to post some pics in the "Pics" folder of your new member of the family !!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #5

Thanks for the warm welcome! I enjoy all the positive things on forums but I have read some of the nasty stuff on other forums. I will check the lines on my pump to make sure they are flexible. As soon as my camera gets back from Canon I will post pics of my trailer and mods. Alan
Old 08-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #6

Congrats on the "new" Jayco Alan!!! Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum... Keep visiting us and interactiing. BTW, what year is your Corvette??? (JK) LOL any pics of it?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #8

Welcome In

I too just joined the forum before I took the family on the first trip in our new Export 17Z. I stumbled upon the site and was able to immediately apply a couple of tips to make the trip better, not the least of which was one members suggestion to let the new furnace run to burn off all of the junk that gets on it during fabrication. I let it run at home and the smell and fumes were unbelelievable, I had to unplug the smoke detector for about an hour. Man that saved my butt, we ran the furnace the first night (46 degrees in the UP of Michigan). Everyone here is friendly and the advice is solid.
RedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #9

Bill welcome to the forum! UP eh? My sister and brother in-law are in battle creek and they do some camping in the UP.

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
Congrats on the "new" Jayco Alan!!! Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum... Keep visiting us and interactiing. BTW, what year is your Corvette??? (JK) LOL any pics of it?
Our Vette is a 1982 Collector edition with 34,000 miles. I will get some pics up on here when I get everything figured out. Alan