Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #1

Looking at Jayco Grayhawk 29MV

My wife and I are first time Motorhome buyers. We have camped in the past, but got out of it for a few years. We are now looking to get back into camping and looking at getting a Jayco Greyhawk 29MV. We welcome all the advice we can get.
bobandwendy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #2

We have a Grayhawk 31FS and love it.
It is easy to drive (with good new tires!) and does everything it is advertised to do.
There is a bit of an upkeep with a MH vs just camping, but it becomes a routing...sort of like having a pool in your yard..there is stuff you have to do with the pool that you didn't have to do before you had one, but it is worth it.

Go for it!
Old 10-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #3

Thanks Tim. We are in the evaluation stage. I have been reading a number of reviews, some good some not so good. Have you encountered any repair issues with your Jayco?
Old 10-03-2016, 03:03 PM   #4

We were considering the 29MV but ended up with the Redhawk 29XK for a few reasons.

One big thing to consider is the available payload and storage for how you are going to use it. The different floor plans really impact what exterior storage you have.

As far as issues go... They all have them so picking a quality dealer is important. If you are a somewhat handy person and take the time to do some google searches you'll generally find that the fix is cheap and easy. I prefer to do most of my own repair since a) the dealer isn't close b)i know it's done right if i do it.

We've only had ours since early August but so far things are working well. I've corrected a few minor things like a leaking sink drain and bad caulk. I've also "improved" a number of things like faucets, changed to LED bulbs and new toilet.

Remember that most people come to forums to complain or look for solutions to problems rather than praise how well their unit is.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #5

Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate the information. I am curious, why did you change the toilet?
Old 10-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandwendy1972 View Post
Thanks Tim. We are in the evaluation stage. I have been reading a number of reviews, some good some not so good. Have you encountered any repair issues with your Jayco?
None so far. We purchased it used and the previous owner said there were no major issues. Most of the stuff we have noticed have been very minor issues: A cabinet door that would stay shut, that kind of thing.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate the information. I am curious, why did you change the toilet?
The one it came with was a short low quality plastic one. Our Jay Flight even came with a porcelain one. I swapped it out with a taller oblong one that has a residential style seat and lid. It's wayyyy better and flushes a lot quieter too. Thankfully I replaced it before it was ever used...
Old 10-04-2016, 08:51 AM   #8

Thanks for the response. Can you give me some information as to where I can check out this toilet. I might be interested in doing the same thing.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Can you give me some information as to where I can check out this toilet. I might be interested in doing the same thing.
This is the one I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also needed a water hose extension because the water inlet on the new toilet was in a different position from the orignal.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1