Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #11

Congratulations on your first trip glad everything went well. Like you I soon want to retire from gov-ment too! I've 2.5 years before I'm eligible probably work a while longer till my TSP & I compromise on when's a good time to hang it up.

Hope to see you around the campfire

Old 01-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #12

I installed a third set of scissor jacks right in front of the axles. Easy to crank down with my 3/8 inch drill and really do take a lot of bounce out of the camper. After setting the front jacks and back jacks on my camper I found that there was still a lot of movement. After installing the third set of scissors jacks, most of that movement was gone. Also, I agree with flyrotor that the further you extend your scissors jacks, the less stability you will have.

2016 Eagle 323 LKTS
2009 GMC 1-ton Dually Diesel
djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:13 PM   #13

We use the between the wheels x-chocks and they really help with front to back motion, but do nothing for side to side. I've been looking at the JT Strongarm Stabilizers and was wondering if anyone had installed these and what you thought. They claim to remove 99% of trailer movement. Also, Cw has these things you can put under your steps to minimize movement when someone is coming into the trailer.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNASHVILLE View Post
We use the between the wheels x-chocks and they really help with front to back motion, but do nothing for side to side. I've been looking at the JT Strongarm Stabilizers and was wondering if anyone had installed these and what you thought. They claim to remove 99% of trailer movement. Also, Cw has these things you can put under your steps to minimize movement when someone is coming into the trailer.
I was looking at those stabilizer arms as well. They seem to get pretty good reviews wherever you look and don't look terribly difficult to install. I ended up with the x-chocks simply because of their price point at the time. I have a step saver for my bottom step. It does seem to help somewhat when people are going up and down the stairs, but that's not what I installed it for, I put it on to save the bottom step.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote