New 19H owner in NW
Previously owned a 2006 16' Aerolite cub and decided to get a bit larger, thus purchased the 19' Jayco. Our main goal was to get an unobstructed access to the front bed, some lounging space (the couch), and a bit more storage....mainly the "pantry/clothes closet next to the fridge. It meets our expectations, knowing in advance we preferred the bathtub arrangement in the Cub better. After a 3 week shakedown along the Pacific coast, we are getting a few minor issues addressed:
1. Undercover panel fell off since one half was only screwed into itself, not the frame
2. BBQ gas line needed additional support and hung down across the width of the trailer
3. Rear tent was not lining up at velcro corners, and needs adjustment
4. Front tent metal trim above hinge was bent down and dealer ordered replacement
5. Drawers always slide out from latches during travel, one actually fell out and dinged the vinyl floor
6. Lots of poorly (or not) filled staple holes in vinyl and wood walls, poor caulk job on shower to faucet wall, etc.
Otherwise, it meets our expectations. We like the heated mattress covers, electric awning and jack. While I respect all RV choices for each individual experience, we like to keep it smaller and more camp-like. I just installed HD wire shelving in the kitchen shelves, pantry, and entrance door cabinet. Put a nice little Bed, Bath, Beyond metal flashlight/key holder under the awning control switch. My wife bought some nice baskets from JoAnns fabric for the open shelves over the back bunk. I wanted to add a second battery, but unless I fabricate a vertical support myself, the commercial expense is leading me to consider purchasing a quiet 2000W generator instead. I need to purchase a good cover, since the NW trees are dumping the yellow pollen, and with our long winters and shady location, mold on my old STS cover grows pretty quickly. I learned from the dealer that putting a tennis ball on the longer roof drains prevents tears and broken drains.
Any suggestions on a good cover that doesn't get mildew colored quickly? I may just go with the $200 STS Adco again and replace it every 3 years vs spending twice as much and replacing every 4-5 yrs.
I'm hoping to learn from all of you about ways to maximize our Jayco Hybrid experience, so I'll be tuning in. Thanks !
2013 Jayco 19H
2006 Ford F150