Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #1

New camper. Old campers

Getting our 5th camper next week. We've had equal numbers of campers and toy haulers in the past.
How do you unsubscribe from all threads. I'm one that can keep up with following on my own and dislikes notifications bothering me. Thanks.
DRbilllZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:09 AM   #2

It is in the options for your profile. Here is how you change the setting on notifications.

Up toward the top of the webpage is a gold colored bar with a bunch of things you can click on. The very first one is "User CP" Click on this link to access the User Control Panel.

Once the page loads along the left side there are various links the one you are looking for is under the "Settings & Options" category and is called "Edit Options". It is about half way down that list on the left.

Once you click on "Edit Options" in the main body of the web page there is a section called "Messaging & Notification". In this section you will see the second box with the title "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Your setting is probably "Instant Email Notification". Click the drop down and change this to something for fitting for what you want. Here are your options. The one with ** ** is the one I use.

Do not subscribe - this will keep you from subscribing to a discussion that you reply to.
**No Email Notification** - you are still subscribed but you won't get an email. This is nice so you can find discussions you responded to without getting emails.
Instant email notification - the one you have where you get an email for each response. This is blowing up your inbox
Daily email notification - A daily summary of responses to subscribed discussions.
Weekly email notification - A weekly summary of responses to subscribed discussions.

Once you select which option you want you need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

Of course since you already are subscribed to some threads you may need to go into those after changing this setting to no longer get those notifications.

A quick way to do this is again from User CP Left column look for "List Subscriptions" it is down toward the bottom. Click this and it will bring you to a list of all the discussions you are subscribed to. You will see the boxes for notification next to each discussion. You can either select each one or at the top there is a select all option. Then at the bottom you will see another drop down box for "Selected Threads" From this drop down you can change the subscription setting as noted above or "Delete Subscription". You have to click on "go" to commit this change.

This location is also where you would go if you changed that subscription setting to no email. Where you still wanted to subscribe so you could find them again but not get the emails. If you did that and wanted to find something you were commenting on you simply go to this location (User CP -> List Subscriptions) and you can see all the discussions where you have commented in or subscribed to for reference later. That cuts down on what I need to look through to find that thread I read last month about something I need to do. Also you can check an individual discussion. Maybe there is one that you do want a notification on and you can turn that on/off on a one on one basis. For instance there is a discussion where someone is going to install a fan. I asked if he can take photos and update us on that install as I am thinking about it in the future. I have email notification on for that discussion but off by default on all the others. This way I will know if he posts more information as to how his install went.

Sorry this is long but it should help you out.