Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #1

Smile New Eagle Owner has a question.

I just picked up my new 266 RKS Eagle Saturday from the dealership and have officially started the loading process for my first camping trip this coming weekend!!! I do have a question which I feel dumb asking but rather ask than break something. On the flat screen mount I have it's locked into place. There is this little forked key they give you that the guy walking me though on Saturday had no clue on how to use it said oh there is a place you put it behind the tv and pry and it will pop loose so you can rotate it. Unfortunately no one at the lot knew how it worked and after 4 hours I figured I could figure it out. Looks like the one I Have in my house but for some reason I can't get it to release. Anyone else have this issue or maybe I"m just pushing instead of pulling etc. Any help would be appreciated. My last trailer was an easy twist and pull to release that didn't work on this one either.

Thanks and glad I decided to Join the Jayco family!

Ghsvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #2

On my TV there is a rip cord that pulls on a latch for releasing the TV bracket. Then the TV will swing out and turn towards your viewing location. Without pictures it would be tough to know exactly what you have. Maybe a member with your model might chime in.

Welcome and good luck!

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #3

Same with our flat screen TV in our 5th wheel. I had a hard time pulling it out, afraid to brake something. So one of us pulls the chain straight down while the other pulls on the TV forward. It works.
I looked at pictures of your model on line and you've got the same TV and bracket we have. Look for a chain to pull down behind the TV
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #4

Ok Great thanks I'll do that tonight when I get home. Appreciate the info will let you know what happens with it.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #5

Thanks I appreciate the information I'll look at it tonight when I get home see what i can make happen.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #6

Welcome to the JOF Ghsvamp! Congrats on the new tt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #7

Thanks!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
Site Team

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (first thread in New Members forum has them all listed, second thread has more new member welcoming info). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #9

Ok so per further looking there is no chain/cord on this one to pull on it has what looks like a metal key on the back that to me looks like you can push or pull to release but it won't Budge. Does have this small T key it came with that the prongs fit in the hole of the part on the back of the mount but it's one a pain to get in there and two still won't move once i do get it into the fitting. I'm still looking only but haven't found this type of release on any other mounts online. Luckily it's in the travel position so won't move anytime soon if all else fails when I take it back to the dealer for the parts they ordered for me to add on in a few weeks I'll make them fix it and show me exactly how it's supposed to work.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #10

New Eagle Owner has a question.

Different mount than mine then. Did you look at the paperwork and manuals that came with the Trailer?
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #11

Unfortunately there is nothing in there about the mount at all. Tons of paperwork on everything else but nothing on it unfortunately. I actually contacted Jayco directly the tech is going to go out to the model i have in their warehouse being built currently and try and see if he can figure out the difference. He thought it might have a chain on top to pull but I didn't see one so he will let me know tomorrow the outcome of what he finds.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #12

OK Quick update I FINALLY found out what the deal was on this one. I actually called and talked to Jayco directly and I have to say their customer service was great. The lady actually went out to the factory to find one of the mounts like mine and figured it out herself and then called me back. Basically they removed the chain and put a key in that you put your fingers on just at a right angle and pull to the left if I'm facing the TV and BAM it popped loose. Thanks to you all for the advice and options. Sorry I totally forgot about this post until a few minutes ago and wanted to update it