Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-25-2023, 07:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Congrats on the new trailer and welcome to JOF! You’ll find the search function is your best friend and that many of your upcoming questions have been asked and answered. The 212 QB is a great trailer. We love ours. There are a few things you’ll want to fix proactively, like reinforcing the bed frame and the pantry shelves. And if you don’t have a battery cutoff, you might want to add one — much easier than disconnecting the battery during down times. As for the shades, just pull ‘em down. The strings (should) provide tension to keep it in place where you want. They also will eventually fray and you’ll need to replace them. Their are plenty of threads on that, too! Here is a photo album of some of my early mods if it helps: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...lbums1625.html
You created a nice album. We did similar stuff to our 23'. The underside of the bed on most of the midsized TTs surely needs the divider, which doubled as a support in your case from the storage compartment, if nothing else.

I would think that most of the counters where the sink and the stoves are crammed together would have some flip up add on as standard equipment from the factory. That stuff is a no brainer , which to me would be a huge selling point to women, and costs little to nothing by comparison to the retail price of the TTs.

I have listened to this comment several times over and have now perfected the after market add on myself by simply improving an 8 dollar cutting board from Big Lots and two knuckle hinges at the tune of just under 3 bucks from the big box lumberyard.
Old 11-25-2023, 08:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210qb owner View Post
Hi everyone!

We will be receiving our 2024 Jayco 210QB next weekend and we are really excited to start using it.

This is our first time owning a travel trailer and I was very happy to find this owner's forum! We are very much starting at the basics and would love to hear any tips about this model that others might like to share.

It will be mostly my husband and I travelling along with our two dogs. We are nearing an empty nest (late 50's) and are looking forward to doing some hiking, fishing, kayak/canoe rentals, bike rentals and taking some day trips into the local surrounding towns.

We're in NW Florida and plan to start off sticking to campgrounds fairly close to home.
My wife and I have had ours since new in 2019 and have traveled close to 20K so far crisscrossing the country. It's been easy to maintain and like anything else has had it's issues. Reinforce the pantry shelves, they are only stapled in! Insure the wheel bearings are truly greased!(read carefully on how to properly do so) Check your lug nuts for proper torque. Go through and check all fasteners especially those that hold up cabinets. Have you purchased a weight distribution hitch yet? If you can pick up a soft start for your AC unit if you plan on powering from a regular home 110 circuit. Reach out if you have any issues or questions, myself and others will be glad to help! Have fun!
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:28 PM   #23

Yes, we have the weight distribution hitch. as well as, the break control.

Definitely looking into reinforcing the pantry shelves.

I'll need to ask my husband about the soft start for the AC. I'm not clear on what that is.
210qb owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayflight 23 View Post
You created a nice album. We did similar stuff to our 23'. The underside of the bed on most of the midsized TTs surely needs the divider, which doubled as a support in your case from the storage compartment, if nothing else.

I would think that most of the counters where the sink and the stoves are crammed together would have some flip up add on as standard equipment from the factory. That stuff is a no brainer , which to me would be a huge selling point to women, and costs little to nothing by comparison to the retail price of the TTs.

I have listened to this comment several times over and have now perfected the after market add on myself by simply improving an 8 dollar cutting board from Big Lots and two knuckle hinges at the tune of just under 3 bucks from the big box lumberyard.
We're definitely looking into reinforcing the bedframe and adding on a flip counter. Thank you for the tips!
210qb owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 12:02 AM   #25

You’re welcome. A lot of simple things can make life much easier — like the screen door bar or roof vent covers. And you don’t have to be an expert handyperson!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 05:22 AM   #26

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from Maine, and congratulations.

Take it slow and build your confidence. There is so much to see and do, but don't try to do it all at once. From this forum (and YouTube, etc.) you'll see and hear what modifications ("hacks" is a common term) folks have done to their trailers, but so much depends on how you live and what you need to be comfortable.

One of the things that you'll want to figure out quickly is just how far you want to travel in a day - some folks think that 3 hours is long enough, others don't seem to mind 9. Towing a trailer is different than driving your car, and if done properly, it requires more concentration. Don't get over tired.

One campground suggestion down your way is FDR State Park in Warm Springs, GA. Nice campground, and be sure to visit the nearby 'Little White House' - it has a great museum. And the town of Warm Springs is kinda cute.

Lastly from me: do the required maintenance on the trailer just like would would on your tow vehicle - it will help prevent some aggravation when on out there on the road.

Anyway, enjoy the trailer and the good times ahead!

2019 Nissan Titan
2021 JayFlight Micro 166FBS
HomeBaseMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 06:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210qb owner View Post
Yes, we have the weight distribution hitch. as well as, the break control.

Definitely looking into reinforcing the pantry shelves.

I'll need to ask my husband about the soft start for the AC. I'm not clear on what that is.
To put it simply, the soft start module takes the "thump" out of the AC startup(not as many amps needed) and allows you to run your AC off of a standard outlet. It also allows you to run your AC from a smaller, lighter generator.
Old 06-09-2024, 04:13 PM   #28

Hello!!
How do you like your 2024 Jayco 212qb?
we are about to take the plunge!
crossedcannons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 07:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossedcannons View Post
Hello!!
How do you like your 2024 Jayco 212qb?
we are about to take the plunge!
We have really enjoyed it however now that I've reached 80 it's becoming a bit of a task for the old body. We have decided to part with "her." Too bad you aren't a bit closer, could save you several thousand as we are selling "her" complete with everything needed with the exception of food, clothing, and personal items, and a tow vehicle.
Old 06-10-2024, 03:54 AM   #30

Joe what year did you have?
And where are you located?
crossedcannons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 04:03 AM   #31

Quote:
2019, located South of Buffalo right off I 90. No dents or any damage. Just installed four new GY Endurance tires, has a new premium residential style mattress, ROKU TV, two full propane tanks, a remote TPS system, WD hitch, sanitary hoses, 30 amp extension cord and much much more.
Old 06-10-2024, 04:05 AM   #32

Quote:
Does the "Crossed Cannons" imply a artillery background by chance?