Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Congrats Len. Did he mention what/if any options will be different on the 2017 Jay Feather lineup? It feels good when the buying process is quick and pretty painless doesn't it? Happy for you...
Yes, it sure does feel good when you don't have to spend two weeks haggling over price! When I started looking I got an uneasy feeling just stepping onto the lot because I was not looking forward to dealing with the sales person (and the experience at my local place was the stereotypical experience). On the other hand, it was very refreshing dealing with JTS and I came away happy and excited, looking forward to my new TT.

We didn't talk about the changes, other than them dropping the "brick" interior and adding "copper", but I already had a good idea of the changes by looking at a different thread where someone posted info they got from the dealer. Check out: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...tml#post400093

Buffalonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #32

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you on our 25BH (Jay Feather).

Well, again I have HIGH PRAISE for Jim's Trailer Sales (JTS) in Ohio. My earlier post mentioned how easy it was dealing with the owner (Jimmy) on the phone. I initially ordered the wrong fabric (my fault) because I was afraid the Mineral "leatherette" had a traditional leather look/feel, but when I found out it was a soft suede-like finish I called Jimmy back and he changed my order.

Anyway, I picked up my new TT Friday (about 3.5 hours from my house). Everything went SMOOTH and he was very easy to talk to in person (not surprising because he was easy to talk to over the phone and via email). No hard sell to try to get me to buy an extended warranty or anything, although he did explain the roadside service I could get after my one year basic service expired. After explaining it, he handed me the brochure and moved on to other items... didn't try to get me to upgrade my basic service or anything, it was just an informative "here's what you get and here's the additional service you can buy if you want to".

Jim (not Jimmy) did a good job going over the trailer with me (before I actually completed the sale with Jimmy) and they were kind enough to hook up the WD/sway bars for me. I bought the WD/sway bars from them. I didn't bother to compare their price to the internet... I was so happy with the price they gave me on the TT and with the fact that they would hook it up for me that I just wanted to buy it from them. When I talked to Jimmy over the phone he explained the three WDs he had to offer (didn't just try to sell me the most expensive one). I ended up going with the most expensive one anyway, LOL, because I had looked into WDs before talking to him and I wanted to spend the extra money for the features it had. But it was nice that he gave me options and explained the pros/cons of each.

Spent the first night in Findley State Park and everything went smooth. Backed in my spot on the first try. FYI, I've bought a backup camera system along with side cameras so after I get those hooked up it should be even easier.

I'm probably going to put "Buffalonian" on the TT, so if you see me somewhere, stop by and say 'hi' :-)

BTW, we really love our 25BH! Last night my son and I got up on the roof to watch fireworks :-)

-Len

Buffalonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:38 AM   #33

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

Don
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #34

Welcome aboard and good luck shopping....

fielro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
25bh