Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #1

New from Oregon

Hi all!
I am picking up my new 2012 Jayco Jay Flight Swift SLX 145RB tomorrow! I have had a 24' travel trailer and a B+ motorhome in the past. I'm thrilled to have a great quality trailer that I can take darn near anywhere I want!

I have many, many, years to go before I can retire so decided to get back into rving now while I can still enjoy it!

Hope I get to meet some of you down the road. This is a great forum filled with lots of great people!

Laura
GoCougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #2

Welcome! Glad you found us! So where is the first trip?

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome Terry,
What a wonderful group this is. I was lurking since I joined in April and soaking up all the information everyone has provided. Never had to post a question as it seems all of mine were already answered!

I think the first trip will be next weekend not too far from home by a river or lake or something peaceful like that. It doesn't really matter where I go because I will be camping :-)

I will driveway camp this weekend to make sure everything works and I have everything I need in the camper. I still have almost everything from my previous rv's so shouldn't need to do much shopping.....yet hee hee
Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. I have the 184BH (almost the same camper). I am going on my first trip in 4 days and Ill be towing it 2000 miles RT on the first go-round and Ill be visiting 3 campsites (maybe 4). I suspect that you being from Oregon will find a number of great close campsites. My wife is from Eugene and we are always hearing about some great places to go camping from our friends in your neck of the woods. Ill expect some good stories and reports on some camping :-)

Enjoy and welcome.

X

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum southern neighbor. Washington native here.
Welcome also to the Jayco SLX family. It's a darn good unit for the price and provides the opportunity
to do and go where the much larger sometimes can be a deterrent.
We downsized to the 184 last yr from a 5er. No regrets.
Enjoy!!
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #6

I got the Jayco home safe and sound. It tows so great! I was passed by several semi's and it was a tad breezy but didn't experience any sway so was very pleased with that. I also got the Prodigy P2 brake controller so I think I'm ready! I had a Prodigy before so there was no question what I would get this time around.

I happened upon a closed truck scale on my way home so mosied onto the scale and weighed the truck and trailer. 2550lbs front truck axle, 2550lbs rear truck axle, and 2100lbs for the trailer. I'm pretty happy with that. I only have a 3750lb tow rating with my truck (yeah, its a Ram, but only a 6cyl) and a GCVWR of 8700 so I'm very happy with the set up and have plenty of cushion for the 600lb carrying capacity of the trailer. I'll be hard pressed to find 600lbs with just me, the dog, and a few clothes and things for camping. I have the bed of the pickup as well to help distribute the weight around if I take a longer trip.

All in all, I'm thrilled with my purchase!

Hope to see some of you in my travels!

Laura