Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2021, 11:12 AM   #1

New Greyhawk 30Z Owner Says Hi From Florida

My husband, Paul, and I are taking delivery of a Jayco Greyhawk 30Z--our first Class C. We are not new to RVing--we actually have owned a 38-foot gas Allegro Bay, 41-foot diesel Phaeton, and a 26-foot incredibly-spacious-for-a-little-guy Sonic Venture trailer. We have logged 125,000+ miles with the two big rigs traveling extensively throughout the U.S. (every state but two, including two months in Alaska).

We thought we had "retired" from RVing when we sold the Phaeton, but then I purchased the Sonic trailer to use for kayak camping and small local trips two years ago. But towing a trailer with a SUV is not like using your RV to tow your toad, and before we knew it, we were discussing "maybe" buying a USED Class C.

Long story short--we put a deposit down on nice used Redhawk but made that fatal mistake that so many RVers make: we decided to "just take a look" at what the new rigs offered. Before we knew it, we had fallen in love with the amenities that the 2021 Greyhawk 30Z offered.

We travel with our pups Riley, Luna, and Jessie--and they can't wait for us to take our first trip (in a couple of weeks we are meeting my brother in St. Augustine (he just bought his first RV, a Keystone Cougar 5th wheel).

We are now back to planning larger trips outside Florida--who knows? maybe we will even make a return trip to Alaska!

Looking forward to interacting with you all.
Robin N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:34 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your Jayco Greyhawk 30Z.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:51 PM   #3

Contrats on your new Greyhawk!

We just purchased a 2020 Greyhawk 30Z in December. Our very first RV of any kind. Love the 50" TV across from the theater seating! The wife fell in love with the stressed-white cabinet design. Really nice looking coach all around for sure!

Have not been able to take it camping yet due to the freezing weather up here in North Georgia. We do have several places booked for Spring though. One of which is in Destin, FL so we can't wait start this new adventure in our lives!

Best of luck with your new RV!
JohnnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:57 PM   #4

From Clermont...
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2021, 11:14 AM   #5

Funny story about that Farmhouse interior: We actually signed all the paperwork for the Huntington at RV One here in the Tampa area for a Jan. 22 delivery because it was the only 30Z left on the lot and they don't expect more in until July! But that night I couldn't sleep because I really, really wanted the Farmhouse interior. So at 3 in the morning, I actually did a search for a Farmhouse Interior at other RV One locations and found one in St. Augustine. When I contacted our Tampa-area salesman, he arranged for me to swap out the Huntington for the Farmhouse and they are having the Farmhouse delivered to us at no extra charge. We had to go yesterday to the Tampa RV SuperShow to sign the new paperwork and one of the salesmen thanked me for switching--he said he sold the Huntington that very day. Happy campers all around!
Robin N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin N View Post
Funny story about that Farmhouse interior: We actually signed all the paperwork for the Huntington at RV One here in the Tampa area for a Jan. 22 delivery because it was the only 30Z left on the lot and they don't expect more in until July! But that night I couldn't sleep because I really, really wanted the Farmhouse interior. So at 3 in the morning, I actually did a search for a Farmhouse Interior at other RV One locations and found one in St. Augustine. When I contacted our Tampa-area salesman, he arranged for me to swap out the Huntington for the Farmhouse and they are having the Farmhouse delivered to us at no extra charge. We had to go yesterday to the Tampa RV SuperShow to sign the new paperwork and one of the salesmen thanked me for switching--he said he sold the Huntington that very day. Happy campers all around!
Excellent choice! Sounds like that worked out great for you. We’re super happy with ours too.
JohnnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote