Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2017, 01:07 AM   #1

New guy with a new/used pop up

Hi, I'm paul. I just got my first pop up yesterday. It's a 1999 jayco heritage manistee. Picked it up for a good price with one small issue.
Normally YouTube and google always solve my problems by searching, but this time it's not. I have found numerous videos on how to replace the cables that go to the lift system on the pop up which is great but won't help me solve problem 1.
So my current problem is that the previous owners where jacking up the pop up and instead of the main cable that connects the four cables on a plate, some how popp d out of the hub and got caught on the outside where the hub is and got wound up in there. There is a lot of pressure on the cable at the current moment. What options do I have on relieving the pressure to be able to unwind the main cable with out injuring me or the camper.

Thank you
Paul
Pralvarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:53 AM   #2

you could cut some 2X3 or 2X2 about 44 or so inches in length and place them next to the lift posts use cable ties to hold them in place then lower the roof so it rests on the lumber you can then take the pressure off the lift cables

go to http://www.cunninghamcampers.com/ for info about lift systems
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jammed lift mechanism