Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #1

Cool new here :)

Hi, I'm new here, from Ontario Canada and are very proud (2 week) owners of a 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33BHTS - and we love it!!

We are a family of 5 plus small dog..lol that has just upgraded from a 25 Rockwood Roo (with fold out bunk that was removed due to condensation issues) that was coming up on it's 10th year with us....served it's purpose and have experienced many great family road trips and campouts, but it had run it's course!!!

We are have been in a Family Campground since Sept. 2009 and the trailer of choice there (owner is a dealer) are Jayco's!! and we couldn't be happier!

There is soooo much room and I just LOVE the island. We are family that loves to cook beyond the weiners and beans, burgs, hotdogs meals....so this trailer is the perfect one for us with the roomy kitchen! We went from a broomcloset bathroom to one with elbow room...lol and we now have an actual bedroom with a door!!!!

If anyone has any tips, mods or advice with this trailer would love to here them

We started off 25 yrs ago, tenting, old/used popup w/tie down bunk ends, old/used 14ft house trailer, tenting (again), new 2000 popup, used 2003 25 Roo and now we are in our dream trailer.....life is good!

Lisa....
lmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum, we have a 2013 bhts and by far the best trailer we have owned.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #3

thanks lots of places here to roam around and look for tips and hints for our new home away from home.

Interesting combo you have there...LOL we love our F150. Great on gas for our 3 hr drive to where our trailer is parked..yes 3 yrs but only because there is nothing in our local area that we wanted to "park" our trailer.
Loving the 33bhts. There is much space in there.....was thrilled that everything that we have acquired in 25 yrs of camping was able to find a home without having to be stacked on top of each other...LOL We have the table/chairs and the seats lift up for storage as well.....great for the RV books, cards, etc.

thanks for the welcome!!

Lisa....

2013 F150 Eco Boost
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33BHTS
Family of 5 - 3 great kids, 1 lazy dog
:Canada: Happy Ontarionian Camper :campfire:
lmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #4

Welcome to the JOF Lisa! Congrats on the new tt!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of really friendly and helpful people here. I just looked at your trailer style online. It is very nice and luxurious. I don't have any specific mods, but if you look below my signature there is a link to a tour of my RV which will show you what is possible in decorating as I am a designer. I also have one mod link listed below which is how to ad a wall light switch in the master bedroom if your unit doesn't have one. Some people find it hard to reach up over the bed to the overhead light.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
Site Team

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (JOF POLL CENTRAL located in the General Jayco chat forum). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #7

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of good information here.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #8

HI, I did check out all our mods....great ideas! we do not have a wall switch for the light above the bed (with is a PITA since I'm only 5'..lol....so hubby may have to tackle that one (he's an electrician....so shouldn't be a problem...LOL).

We are loving our new getaway! Because we like to winter camp we went out and purchased a portapotty from Canadian Tire "Reliance Portable Chemical Toilet" (39.99) with "Double Doodie Bags"$14.99)..lol these are ziplock style bags. This little puppy fits perfectly in the bathroom, and with these bags there is no fuss! These are a must for our of season campers or even for overnight usage to save getting to a washroom in the dark...LOL
Attached Images

5mcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #9

Welcome to the site from Nova Scotia. Lots of good info on here.
232,500 kms in 2013
200,000 kms in 2014
160,000 kms in 2015
greenenvy1 is offline   Reply With Quote