Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #1

New Jay Feather 25rb owners

We just bought a 2020 Jay Feather 25rb. We take delivery tomorrow. We are very excited. We have wanted this model for the about a year now. It checks every box on our must have list. Kids don't camp with us anymore, so we didn't need a bunkhouse. We moving up from a 2016 Primetime Avenger 26bh. It's been a good camper. No complaints really. We just wanted something that we could enjoy for many years to come.
MikenDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:59 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your 2020 Jay Feather 25rb. Hope your PDI goes well.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:06 PM   #3

Enjoy the new rig and
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2020, 08:48 PM   #4

Awesome! Welcome to the site from SW Michigan!

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:53 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #6

Welcome from northeast Illinois.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenDeb View Post
We just bought a 2020 Jay Feather 25rb. We take delivery tomorrow. We are very excited. We have wanted this model for the about a year now. It checks every box on our must have list. Kids don't camp with us anymore, so we didn't need a bunkhouse. We moving up from a 2016 Primetime Avenger 26bh. It's been a good camper. No complaints really. We just wanted something that we could enjoy for many years to come.
Our late congratulations. Wife and I just ordered a 2021 Jay Feather 25RB and hope to take delivery in March or April. We also are moving up from a 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite.

Now that you have camped a few months, any issues with it?

Any improvements/modifications?

Camp4two
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:13 PM   #8

We have been out 4 times. I have had a couple of issues. One is the freshwater fill. There is an overflow on the freshwater fill that will overflow a number of times while you fill your water tank. Takes awhile to fill the tank completely. Our slide didn't completely retract our last time out. It was off about 1/4". I called my dealer before we left the campground and they took care of ot right away when we got home. The blessings of buying through a small, locally owned family dealership. Our handle for our refrigerator broke off also and the dealer replace that as well.
No mods yet on the trailer. We are thinking of having a receiver hitch welded to the frame in the back so we can install a platform to transport our bikes. We had the dealership install a slide cover and max air vents before we took delivery.
We were actually looking to order the 2021 model, but the 2020 was on their lot and we decided to buy that instead. We are happy so far. Good luck on getting yours!
Old 12-02-2020, 03:32 PM   #9

Quote:
We have been out 4 times. I have had a couple of issues. One is the freshwater fill. There is an overflow on the freshwater fill that will overflow a number of times while you fill your water tank. Takes awhile to fill the tank completely. Our slide didn't completely retract our last time out. It was off about 1/4". I called my dealer before we left the campground and they took care of ot right away when we got home. The blessings of buying through a small, locally owned family dealership. Our handle for our refrigerator broke off also and the dealer replace that as well.
No mods yet on the trailer. We are thinking of having a receiver hitch welded to the frame in the back so we can install a platform to transport our bikes. We had the dealership install a slide cover and max air vents before we took delivery.
We were actually looking to order the 2021 model, but the 2020 was on their lot and we decided to buy that instead. We are happy so far. Good luck on getting yours!
Very helpful, thank you.

The FW fill on my former two trailers was very slow. The fill hose has to be on low volume to prevent backup through the overflow opening. Camco sells a plastic tube that attaches to the guarden hose that will help filling. The water is likely passing through a 1/2 inch line to the FW tank and it can only handle a low volume flow. It takes forever to fill a 40+ gal. FW tank.

I went from manual crank front/rear stabilzer jacks (using a drill) on one trailer to Lippert PSX1 12V stabilizer jacks option I ordered on our last Rockwood. Love the PSX1s. Not going back to the manual way. Jay Feathers do not come with an option for power stablizers. I will be adding front and rear PSX1s.

We also travel with two bikes so I will be adding a frame mounted 2 inch receiver to the rear of the trailer. I had a similar setup on the Rockwood and it worked great. Over 7K miles with bikes and never an issue with the receiver or bike rack.

We had two slide toppers on our Rockwood and decided not to have one added to the 25RB. Keep an eye on the fabric. We had one of the slide topper fabric's stitching separate about 8 ft. long. It was replaced under warranty. Be sure to sweep any debris off the topper before you retract it. Also use a good UV protectant.

Like you we also purchased from a family owned dealership. Nothing but a very positive sales experience.

Did your 25RB have the Dometic or Norcold 6 cu. ft. gas/elect refrigerator or did it come with the 12V only refrigerator?
Old 12-02-2020, 07:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Very helpful, thank you.

The FW fill on my former two trailers was very slow. The fill hose has to be on low volume to prevent backup through the overflow opening. Camco sells a plastic tube that attaches to the guarden hose that will help filling. The water is likely passing through a 1/2 inch line to the FW tank and it can only handle a low volume flow. It takes forever to fill a 40+ gal. FW tank.

I went from manual crank front/rear stabilzer jacks (using a drill) on one trailer to Lippert PSX1 12V stabilizer jacks option I ordered on our last Rockwood. Love the PSX1s. Not going back to the manual way. Jay Feathers do not come with an option for power stablizers. I will be adding front and rear PSX1s.

We also travel with two bikes so I will be adding a frame mounted 2 inch receiver to the rear of the trailer. I had a similar setup on the Rockwood and it worked great. Over 7K miles with bikes and never an issue with the receiver or bike rack.

We had two slide toppers on our Rockwood and decided not to have one added to the 25RB. Keep an eye on the fabric. We had one of the slide topper fabric's stitching separate about 8 ft. long. It was replaced under warranty. Be sure to sweep any debris off the topper before you retract it. Also use a good UV protectant.

Like you we also purchased from a family owned dealership. Nothing but a very positive sales experience.

Did your 25RB have the Dometic or Norcold 6 cu. ft. gas/elect refrigerator or did it come with the 12V only refrigerator?
Thanks for your reply. I never knew about a flow tube for the jose for the FW fill. Never had this issue with our previous trailer or our pop up.
I did have some concerns about the receiver hitch to hold our bikes. Wondering if it causes back end sway, or bounce, when going down the road.
This is our first trailer with a slide, so we are kind of newbies in that regard. But I will take your advice and make sure I sweep off the topper each time.
As for the fridge, we have a 3 way dometic. The handle is very cheap and broke on our 4th trip. It was replaced when we took the trailer into the dealer for the slide issue.
Our sales experience was very positive. We tried to buy the 25rb from our dealer this past January at the RV show, but they didn't want our trade. They pretty much low balled us. With the All the craziness this summer, we stopped back in in August and they gave us a great deal on our trade in. We have good friends that bought a Whitehawk at this same dealer.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:20 PM   #11

Congrats and welcome from Texas Panhandle
Wineguard G3 portable sat system & H24 receiver
2013 Harley Triglide
2 Yorkies
cbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I never knew about a flow tube for the jose for the FW fill. Never had this issue with our previous trailer or our pop up.
I did have some concerns about the receiver hitch to hold our bikes. Wondering if it causes back end sway, or bounce, when going down the road.
This is our first trailer with a slide, so we are kind of newbies in that regard. But I will take your advice and make sure I sweep off the topper each time.
As for the fridge, we have a 3 way dometic. The handle is very cheap and broke on our 4th trip. It was replaced when we took the trailer into the dealer for the slide issue.
Our sales experience was very positive. We tried to buy the 25rb from our dealer this past January at the RV show, but they didn't want our trade. They pretty much low balled us. With the All the craziness this summer, we stopped back in in August and they gave us a great deal on our trade in. We have good friends that bought a Whitehawk at this same dealer.
This FW fill tube works pretty well. You can control the flow into the FW tank inlet by adjusting the valve at the tube end:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Shutoff...%2C209&sr=8-29

I kept my Furrion rear back up/observation camera from my former Rockwood. I will install it on the 25RB. I was able to monitor our bikes with the camera and saw hardly any movement of the bikes on mostly paved roads. My bike rack has the threaded locking hitch pin. Tightening the bike rack's shank in the receiver further reduces movement of the bike rack. We had no sway or bounce with our bikes on back of our Rockwood trailer.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
This FW fill tube works pretty well. You can control the flow into the FW tank inlet by adjusting the valve at the tube end:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Shutoff...%2C209&sr=8-29

I kept my Furrion rear back up/observation camera from my former Rockwood. I will install it on the 25RB. I was able to monitor our bikes with the camera and saw hardly any movement of the bikes on mostly paved roads. My bike rack has the threaded locking hitch pin. Tightening the bike rack's shank in the receiver further reduces movement of the bike rack. We had no sway or bounce with our bikes on back of our Rockwood trailer.
Thanks for the link. I just ordered that! I forgot we also installed the Furrion backup camera as well. Nice to have as I can see behind me while we travel. Don't really use it to back into our site. Been pulling trailers for years without one.