Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2020, 09:59 PM   #1

New Jayco 317RLOK Owners

We purchased our new 2020 Jayco 317RLOK a few weeks ago and couldn’t be happier! We are future full timers and have been researching and looking at RVs for the past year. We first seen the 317RLOK at the Tampa RV show this year and loved it, but it was a bit out of our price range. We found one recently at a local dealer that was within our range and didn’t hesitate to make it ours.

We have been camping in tents for most of our lives and always dreamed of “retiring” and teaching SCUBA full time, hence the user name. Wife came up with the idea to retire and live off of my USMC retirement a year or so ago and have been making plans to do so ever since. Probably gonna spend a good amount of the year in Florida or other coastal states so I can dive but plan on taking the rig all over the US.

My career as a Marine led me to every corner of the globe and now it’s time to explore our back yard. Currently still working but the retirement plan will be in affect sooner rather than later with the rig sitting in the driveway. I travel for work so the rig will definitely make a few business trips with me before i retire. There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed especially of the company can cover my camping costs.

I am looking forward to interacting with everyone here. Been a few years since I have been on a V Bulletin forum and things haven’t changed from my days of interacting with other off roaders on a forum except now it will be campers. We were die hard off roaders then the Corps took me to Japan for 6 years and we kinda got out of it and that’s where I found my happy place, underwater.

Anyways, I am a newb to RVs so will have some questions so please bear with me. Thanks for having me in the forum and look forward to meeting as many of you as I can. I am always down for a road trip!

Stay safe and don’t forget to keep an eye on your tires!

James
Attached Thumbnails
8873E971-3254-4738-8DCD-AD723AB66453.jpg   1A22AB8D-FEEA-4A79-83EC-79C2A70D0615.jpg  

2020 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK
2017 Ram 2500 HD 6.4L Hemi
ScubaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 06:20 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Thank you for your service. Congrats and enjoy your 2020 Jayco 317RLOK.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:15 PM   #3

Well, sir let me welcome you to the forum and thank you for your service, it look like that you are living the dream. Enjoy yourselves and ask as many question you want, my father was in the Marine I was born in Camp Lejeune N.C. so my dad was station there at the time. I went in during the Vietnam War but I didn't get a chance to go but I would have but I was there.

I would do it again if I could, I was in for twenty-eight years and love it, you have a nice setup.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:30 AM   #4

We just purchased a 2020 Earle 317 RLOK this spring, and have had it out 4 times this summer so far. We could not be happier with it, and really have not experienced any issues yet. We also plan on going full time with it, as soon as possible, but probably not for about 2 more years. We enjoy camping with friends and family, and it seems our rig usually ends up being the gathering spot. Congratulations, and who knows, maybe we'll meet somewhere on the road!
RFactor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #5

Thank you for your service.

We hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours. Ours is a 2018 and have had no major issues
J&EC is offline   Reply With Quote