Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2023, 10:31 PM   #1

New jayco octane toy hauler owner

Hi to all. Just found this forum and happy to have input from seasoned jayco owners. I’m especially interested in some storage ideas for limited space. For instance no closets or place to put clothes! I saw one post before I was a member and now I can’t find that post. It was an amazing storage system being built in the exact space I need it for. If you know where to find this post, please let me know. Thank you!
pj snowy owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 07:05 PM   #2

You can use regular 12" kitchen cabinets in different configurations. Check out my YouTube video about my Jayco 161 upgrades. Search Jayco 161 I walton
Camping man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 01:02 PM   #3

Storage? Not much is provided to be sure.

I put kitchen cabinets in next to the refrigerator and next to the door . I have top and bottoms with a shelf in between for both locations All cabinets are”uppers” and I put a nice live edge piece of cherry on top of lower cabinets on each side. Kind of difficult to locate the”studs” in the walls I also used wood flooring on the walls to help support the uppers. I also ran a lattice framework of white plastic fake wood (2”x2”) glued to the ceiling surrounding the air conditioner to brace the top cabinets from wanting to leave the wall on a hard turn.
There is an air vent next to the refrigerator that now enters the one cabinet ( probably will not use the vent). You will need to secure the doors from wanting to open during your drive. There are specialized handles sold for the marine market that look nice and are highly functional.
There is space above the refrigerator but I have not done anything there as yet. I mounted a small tv on the bathroom wall and used a swivel mount that allows me to turn it 90 degrees so the greater length isvertical when not in use.
I have never taken a shower to date given that we do little boondocking in the east so we store a lot in the tub.
I placed an over the door piece of hardware for hanging some clothes

There is a place behind the toilet for placing a small shelving unit.
I find large totes to be useful for throwing stuff in when in transit. I place the table and solar panels between the benches and the bottom of the bed but you need to rope them securely so they do not fly in heavy braking.,

I tow with a F150 truck. I put a hard cap on it and built a simple shelf in it so I can store things at two levels.

I carry two kayaks on top top of the cap using a kayak carrier secured to stainless grab bars intended for bathrooms. This winter I changed it up so I could install a hullivator system which allows me to load kayaks at waist level and use pistons to help me raise the kayaks to the roof without back injury.
I wlll try to load some pics to help you visualize.

If you live in southern Ontario I am right across the border near Buffalo if you are close.
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 01:17 PM   #4

Congrats on your new Octane and welcome to the forum!
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
patio ramp, storage ideas